B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

aledelic42's timeline.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2010, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ObnoxiousDrunk
phil.....PM sent
...xD

Old 01-07-2010, 10:23 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by Mr. Phil
if u just want a loer stance why spend all the extra money on coilovers? why not just get a good drop with some springs?
because i wanna be lower in summer and for winter bring it up a bit cause we get alot of snow here in colorado. and my parents wont let me have it to low cause they say ill be hitting everything(bumps, sidewalk getting into drive way) and so on lol

Old 01-08-2010, 12:03 AM
4th Gear

well he is sitting about 2 inches lower than i will be with the springs i ordered... idk.. ill take pics once they get installed and ill let u decide if u wanna go co or springs... figured i might be able to save u some money lol

Old 01-08-2010, 12:20 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by B5 Audi
because i wanna be lower in summer and for winter bring it up a bit cause we get alot of snow here in colorado. and my parents wont let me have it to low cause they say ill be hitting everything(bumps, sidewalk getting into drive way) and so on lol
Parent!? Who owns the car...? Jk man, I'm just turning 18 and I have the same problems. Recently I told my parents that I was installing a "cat-pipe", the pipe that runs from the turbo to the catalytic converter, and that mine was high performance. Actually it was a 3" test pipe. I took care to remove the real catalytic converter while they were away so they couldn't compare the two and ask more questions lol. I'm not sure how they'll feel about me driving low, I can imagine taking a lot of crap about "you'll hit all the speed bumps" or "in my day..." etc. Whatever though, maybe I'll tell them my shocks blew out and I dont have the money to repair it...

Old 01-08-2010, 03:34 AM
3rd Gear

like I said before, vmaxx is fine if you're not slammed. I wish I would have measured the ground to fender when I had it up for a week a few months ago.. it was probably at most 24", rode comfortably. I daily drive mine, you'd get used to the feeling and ninja driving at whatever height it's set at.. my parents (mostly my dad) hate my lowered car, he blames everything on it now. I kinda just ordered the coilovers without telling them until the package arrived at the door and I let them sit in my room for like two months. my parents never believed I'd ever actually get them installed until one day I randomly had a friend over and did it all and told them to look. they thought I was crazy for wanting to drive a car that can't possibly even get out of our driveway at any angle without scraping a little, I just loled. springs will still give you a 4x4 stance and you won't get as much attention and you'll probably be wanting more low after a month or so. you'll love your car so much more while watching how low it is as you lower the jack after install. I'd recommend a set of used coilovers way before new vmaxx at full price soo just be on the lookout for some til you find a good deal. also you probably will want a skid plate. if it's not low, what's the point?

ps. 3 am fresh snow drifting ftw

Last edited by aledelic42; 01-08-2010 at 03:38 AM.
Old 01-08-2010, 03:43 AM
Administrator

^ I somehow know what you're talking about. The other day I saw my car sitting with the rear cambering out. It puts a smile on my face.

Old 01-08-2010, 03:47 AM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by kriptonik
^ I somehow know what you're talking about. The other day I saw my car sitting with the rear cambering out. It puts a smile on my face.
The other day I saw my car sitting with the rear cambering out.
my car sitting with the rear cambering out
implying that you actually own an audi with camber. pics or gtfo

Old 01-08-2010, 04:11 AM
Administrator

LOL.

Yes, I have adjustable arms. Perhaps pics will be taken at the next SoCal GTG.

Why don't we make this easy and have you drive out here to see my "imaginary" Audi.

Old 01-08-2010, 04:14 AM
3rd Gear

Perhaps pics will be taken at the next SoCal GTG.
typical kriptonik response. 6000th post!

Old 01-08-2010, 04:20 AM
Administrator

WOOT!

Yeah, like I said I don't really have the time to drive out and take pictures anymore.
When I do have free time, it's usually intended towards house chores or even washing the Audi.

And the GTG's we've been having were more of ETG's (eat toghether). I'm planning a cruise and brunch for the next one (should be this month or next month) so I'm hoping to have recent updated pictures by then.

The Audi isn't the daily so seeing it once a day is something to me.

You can also ask the other "SoCal Crew Members" if this "imaginary" Audi existed.

Quick Reply: aledelic42's timeline.