B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

airbag light back on everytime

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 02:40 PM
1st Gear
Default airbag light back on everytime

for some reason my airbag light came on some time ago and i went to the dealer to get it checked up and wow! they charged me $250 to plug it into a comp and reset it and boom, no more light. now, the first time it came on it was after i took the car to a shop. it's come on again and it happened right after i took it to get it inspected so i'm thinking it's happening every time someone lifts the car up because i've opened up the hood myself and nothing happened but right after i get it inspected the light pops on and the guy at the shop said they didn't really touch anything they just went through normal inspection points.

anyone got an idea on why this might be? oh and according to the dealer i've got lotsa wires exposed that shouldn't be but i know nothing about cars and wiring so i got no clue, sucks for me huh

Old 09-30-2009, 05:12 PM
Administrator

Search will reveal it's likely the connector under the drivers seat. Ziptie it tightly snd find someone else to turn the light off. That place stuck it up your *** and broke it off in a big way. You didn't say which bag was indicated but most likely it was the driver's side seat bag.

Search "airbag light" and you'll find all the info you need to eliminate the issue permanently.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Search will reveal it's likely the connector under the drivers seat. Ziptie it tightly snd find someone else to turn the light off. That place stuck it up your *** and broke it off in a big way. You didn't say which bag was indicated but most likely it was the driver's side seat bag.

Search "airbag light" and you'll find all the info you need to eliminate the issue permanently.
^^^ +1

Old 09-30-2009, 05:28 PM
3rd Gear

yea you got royally screwed out of $250. btw it can be either of the front seats, and if you have a lot of junk in the car that rolls under the seats, it can bang around against the connecter. one ziptie under each seat would have saved you a whole bunch of money. you do have to reset the light manually though, it doesnt go off on its own.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:37 PM
2nd Gear

$250 to reset the code? I would be looking for a refund, at least partial, and make sure to give them a bad report on on dealer rater. When a dealer (or, really, any company) screws you like that, you need to let other people know about it.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:49 PM
5th Gear

another fatman joins the audi gang. well you are definitely not getting the 250 back but you could probably call up AOA and tell them the story. i think it's BS how they charge you that much to attempt to fix a problem.

Old 09-30-2009, 05:54 PM
2nd Gear

Threaten to tell a local news paper. "I paid my Audi dealership $250 to fix a problem with my airbag, and all they did was clear the code and didn't fix anything. It came back, and they were unwilling to help."

Old 09-30-2009, 07:56 PM
Administrator

That price is seriously ridiculous - vagcom can turn that light off in less than 3 minutes. And I thought our local dealer charging an hour's labor was prison rape...

Old 09-30-2009, 09:27 PM
2nd Gear

Not only did they not use lube but they may just have wrapped it in sandpaper before applying. Not to be rude but you could have spent $20 on the ebay vag cable and the freeware version of Vag-Com and done the same thing they charged you for.

Old 09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
1st Gear

My airbag light is on. I thought it was the wiring harness below one of the front seats, but it turned out the Airbag Control Module had gone bad and requires replacement. I am holding off on having it replaced because I think they are about $800 and I am done spending money on my car for a little while.

Quick Reply: airbag light back on everytime