B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

adjustable fuel pressure issue

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 01:14 AM
2nd Gear
Default adjustable fuel pressure issue

about 9months ago,I was in the engine bay installing my grills to my front bumper, and doing some other odds and ends, and i was no where near the frp, nor the fuel rail. afterI got it all done i started it up to getthe carwarm before i take it out for a drive then right before i close the hoodI looked around to make sureI didn't leave any tools under the hood andthat was whenInoticed that the "bowl" that the fpr was filling with fuel, soI got a adjustable fuel pressure reg from 034 motorsportswhichI installed it the day it came in, along with my fuel pressure gauge.the adjustable fuel pressure reg. is adjusted to 58 psiadjusted.
yesterday when im under the hood trying to solve my temp issue. with the car runningI was looking around, and guess what is happening. the fpr"bowl" is filling with fuel again, so i removemy fprand looked at it andits gaskets,which had no tears no swellingnothing on the fpr, but when i reinstalledthe frpi noticed that i can turn thefpr aroundand around, butit will not moveup or down. then when i think im doneI notice that theright hand side of the bowl has a slight bend in it.

after you have read all this what are my opitions on getting that bowl not ot fill with fuel??

do i need a new fuel rail??

is it normal for you to lose all presure in the fuel system after you shut the car off??

Old 02-25-2008, 04:30 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: adjustable fuel pressure issue

no one has a clue????

Old 02-25-2008, 06:43 PM
4th Gear

Hmm... That was hard to read. Please use (.) when posting. It makes things a LOT easier to read.

As for your problem, I would look and see if there is anything clogging you your fuel rail. I would also try running seafoam in your gas tank to try and clear anything out that might be causing things to plug up.

josh

Old 02-25-2008, 07:23 PM
2nd Gear

i have completely seaformed it. that was done last fridayi have tried all the stuff i can think of such as sea foam, removing and reinstalling the fpr, giving the metal clip (that holds in the fpr) a slight downward bend.

Old 02-25-2008, 10:43 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: kraylon

is it normal for you to lose all presure in the fuel system after you shut the car off??
No, not normal.

Old 02-26-2008, 12:30 AM
2nd Gear

yea i didn't think that it was normal to lose fuel pressure right after shutting the car off.

i think im just going to end up getting a new fuel rail and a new metal clip that holds the fpr in andhope that it fixes it