B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

Adding Horses to the 2.8

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 08:20 AM
vgo
2nd Gear

Cosmetics are the only real mod you can do. There is really nothing you can do to an N/A car. Whatever you did probably only gained back a few ponies that it loss over the years. I havent done this yet(for the sake of neighbours calling the cops on me), but doing the seafoam thing might also help your car run better.

I like the mazdaspeed protege in the background though
Was gonna get me one of those until I fell in love with the Audi.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:31 AM
Administrator

OP, I hear you. I love boost but I'm very happy with my 2.8 and to me, the continual hassle of a 1.8T isn't worth it for a daily driver. Mod your car for looks, handling, braking, and sound - whatever combo works for your tastes. I've had a road-going ballistic missile in my recent past. This car, I'm happy to make it look good and corner well. Maybe it's my ripe age (37), but for me it's not all about horsepower.

Old 05-09-2012, 09:44 AM

too old to go fast eh?

Old 05-09-2012, 10:09 AM
Administrator

Lol not at all - I love almost anything fast enough to do something stupid in. But I'm old enough to know that all the hassles, failing parts, and bullshit that goes along with a heavily modded car (been there) usually aren't worth it. If it was a weekend toy it's be different. I used to daily a 515hp car and it was fun, but a pain in the ***.

You kids will see what I mean when your mod money becomes mortgage money lol

Old 05-09-2012, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Don't let Jeremy fool you bones, his twin-turbo Z car was slow, ugly, and totally not shiny...

Old 05-09-2012, 04:40 PM
Administrator

Well yeah but once I installed the exhaust I was carrying around in the hatch for months, it suddenly was a helluva lot faster.

Old 05-09-2012, 04:49 PM
Administrator

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
Well yeah but once I installed the exhaust I was carrying around in the hatch for months, it suddenly was a helluva lot faster.
LOL touche' sir, touche'.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by vgo

I like the mazdaspeed protege in the background though
Was gonna get me one of those until I fell in love with the Audi.
haha yea thats my friends protege... we raced on the freeway and we both went up to like 130... we were pretty much head to head but his car has the turbo so he was ahead by a lil... good race tho.

Originally Posted by ImTheDevil
OP, I hear you. I love boost but I'm very happy with my 2.8 and to me, the continual hassle of a 1.8T isn't worth it for a daily driver. Mod your car for looks, handling, braking, and sound - whatever combo works for your tastes. I've had a road-going ballistic missile in my recent past. This car, I'm happy to make it look good and corner well. Maybe it's my ripe age (37), but for me it's not all about horsepower.

yea you're right... the previous owner of my car replaced all the control arms and what not so im just gonna focus on maintenance for now... i still gotta replace the valve covers and that little round plastic cap on the back of the heads i dont konw what its called but its leaking a little bit...

Old 05-09-2012, 10:41 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by FishEye
haha yea thats my friends protege... we raced on the freeway and we both went up to like 130... we were pretty much head to head but his car has the turbo so he was ahead by a lil... good race tho.

yea you're right... the previous owner of my car replaced all the control arms and what not so im just gonna focus on maintenance for now... i still gotta replace the valve covers and that little round plastic cap on the back of the heads i dont konw what its called but its leaking a little bit...
Cam cap/plugs. I got mine on Pelican parts for like $3 each.

Old 05-10-2012, 01:11 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by IanWPB
Cam cap/plugs. I got mine on Pelican parts for like $3 each.
is it hard to replace? how do u replace them?

Quick Reply: Adding Horses to the 2.8