B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

a4 euro projectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Default RE: a4 euro projectors

lol, i like your reply. we take chances every day just by getting into our cars. BUT... my main question is lol, the projectors. Do they use an H7 bulb? or is it a different type of bulb? Because if its just an H7 bulb, ill close topic and just replace em with the silverstars lol

Old 04-16-2008, 11:39 PM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: teamdaraptor

lol, i like your reply. we take chances every day just by getting into our cars. BUT... my main question is lol, the projectors. Do they use an H7 bulb? or is it a different type of bulb? Because if its just an H7 bulb, ill close topic and just replace em with the silverstars lol
Yes, H7.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:21 AM
2nd Gear

As Sineo said, H7. Xtravisions aren't that much of an upgrade for a composite light, but are a great upgrade if you're running an older vehicle with sealed beam headlights. I'd recommend Silverstars or Silverstar Ultras. I've run/ran both, and never drive with my lights off. Almost two years worth of work on the Tacoma with STs, 8 months of STs in the Audi, and now 6 months of SUs because I wanted a set, not cause I needed them.

Old 04-17-2008, 08:24 AM

Cool, I really appreciate all the help guys! Thanks so much

Old 04-17-2008, 09:29 AM
1st Gear

well...thank you for sharing YOUR OPINION.

Old 04-17-2008, 01:58 PM
cbg

ORIGINAL: CAB509

ORIGINAL: flyromeo3

133+ views and only 4 helpful responses.

Highly, Doubt its the subject line

Alright, so I tried that method and it looks like my right light is aimed a bit higher. When my kit arrives i'll post an update.

so are you telling me that you expect everyone who pops there head into a post to respond with some useful information??? That's f'ing ridiculous, the posts I pop into either have already been sufficiently answered (so I don't want to beat a dead horse), I don't know enough about the subject to suggest anything comfortably (sounds like a good idea doesn't it), or I answer the question or add some pithy remark or dope picture.

I don't care how many people respond and you can't expect a response to your question in 3.5seconds, we do have lives outside of the internet and have other things to attend to.

sorry for the rant but it kinda bugs me that you would have this view.

+1

Not a good way to start of your tenure on the boards....this board is less trafficked than the other audi boards but members are much more willing to offer advice that doesn't deal with super technical issues and not flame when you ask dumb questions. You really need to use the search, there is soooo much research and opinion on this subject. Don't expect everyone to hand you information. Maybe you should have put some thought into a set up when you bought new headlights, obviously you are gonna need better bulbs than generic halogen. This is common sense. /rant.

VVME has good HID kits for cheap, SEARCH for reviews. Figure out what you will need. If you want to stay with halogen I would go with PIAA bulbs, though they are almost as expensive as the HID kit. Read reviews on amazon. Silverstar is another option, cheaper and have good feeback as well. As has been stated you need H7 bulbs for both low and hi beam. If you want to upgrade both you will need two sets of bulbs. My personal opinion would be to go with the HID kit if you already have the projectors.

Old 04-17-2008, 06:14 PM
1st Gear

if you dont want to spend the money HID conversion kit go with the PIAA plasma bulb in H7 its gonna cost you about $60 but WOW what a difference it doesnt have that nasty look at my blue HID's look there more closer to Xenon looking and they have a lower watt outage so its not as hot as some bulds they look great on my cars

Old 04-18-2008, 09:12 PM

well, i just got some sylvania bulbs, and they're much better. They're not extremely brighter which is exactly what i wanted. Didnt want that silly "oh look im blueeeeee" look, and I didnt want something that was extremely bright. These are just right, and even better, they were in in about 5 minutes. Thanks guys for all your help =)

+1 for AF!

Old 04-18-2008, 09:24 PM
6th Gear

I'm glad it all worked out for you.