B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

a4 euro projectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2008, 02:54 PM
Default a4 euro projectors

K, i know im gonna get flammed for this, but i've asked people at school, i've tried searching around, and I just cant find the answer plain and simple. LOL, i have the euro projector headlights. AWE tuning has them. http://www.awe-tuning.com/pages/shar...rojectorLights

^^ those right there, are the EXACT ones I have. K, now my question is. My lights are NOT bright AT ALL. Is there a bulb that I can replace the projectors with that is brighter, can I use HID's? What can I do to make them brighter? I'm not esentially looking for a yellow or blue look, but just something that's brighter. If i can get a SUBTLE blue look, that would be amazing. I Know you guys prolly answer this question about 100 times a day, but I've looked on here pages and pages, and just cant find it, so I apologize in advance.

Thanks,
Monty

Old 04-16-2008, 03:04 PM
6th Gear
Default RE: a4 euro projectors

VVME.com has HID kits you should be able to use, or you can always try the sylvania silverstar bulbs which should be brighter.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:21 PM
1st Gear

not to flame or anything but i just started a similiar thread like two days ago about the same thing. Only a handful of helpful people. The other 29+ that read posts dont bother replying.
Your better off searching google like I have and I came across this thread
post # 14 is what im going to try

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showth...tor+headlights

What I can suggest is getting an HID kit for it. I bought another kit yesterday because Im thinking my current bulbs are dying out so instead of buying replacement bulbs I bought a whole set. ( cost like 15 dollars more for the whole thing )

Also, make sure your lights are adjusted properly which could be another reason why they dont appear to be bright enough.

Old 04-16-2008, 03:23 PM
1st Gear

this is the thread btw
https://www.audiforums.com/m_858261/tm.htm

Old 04-16-2008, 06:03 PM
2nd Gear

Bulbs don't just burn out. They dim over time.

And flyromeo3, alot of threads not being answered is subject title. IMO, this thread should be "dim projectors". People open it to help out with Projector problems vs the people that would open it to help with bulb problems.

Old 04-16-2008, 07:20 PM
1st Gear

133+ views and only 4 helpful responses.

Highly, Doubt its the subject line

Alright, so I tried that method and it looks like my right light is aimed a bit higher. When my kit arrives i'll post an update.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:14 PM

Sounds good, and I appreciate the help. See, I dont want to do an HID kit, cuz i spent like 400 bucks for the projectors.. Kinda expensive to turn around and spend a couple hundro more for HID's. I mean if I had the cash right now, i'd do it, but 600 bucks on just headlights is outrageous ^_^

ugh i feel like such a noob lol, the H7 lights are the lights that are stock correct? unless you go to HID? Can I replace them with any model H7 lets say for instance the.. H7CB? which is the cool blue, or the H7XV (xtra vision) ??

Old 04-16-2008, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: teamdaraptor

Sounds good, and I appreciate the help. See, I dont want to do an HID kit, cuz i spent like 400 bucks for the projectors.. Kinda expensive to turn around and spend a couple hundro more for HID's. I mean if I had the cash right now, i'd do it, but 600 bucks on just headlights is outrageous ^_^
HID kits arn't 200 bucks, for some really good bi-xenon ones, that's right. But on Ebay, you can get a HID kit for 60 bucks top.... Hey it might catch on fire and burn your beloved A4 but that's the risk you take..... :/.... I bought mine of Ebay and the're brighter and seem to work fine.

Old 04-16-2008, 11:30 PM

dude i bought the same headlights... i had to take them apart cause they would only project 5' in front of the car...

Old 04-16-2008, 11:31 PM
6th Gear

ORIGINAL: flyromeo3

133+ views and only 4 helpful responses.

Highly, Doubt its the subject line

Alright, so I tried that method and it looks like my right light is aimed a bit higher. When my kit arrives i'll post an update.

so are you telling me that you expect everyone who pops there head into a post to respond with some useful information??? That's f'ing ridiculous, the posts I pop into either have already been sufficiently answered (so I don't want to beat a dead horse), I don't know enough about the subject to suggest anything comfortably (sounds like a good idea doesn't it), or I answer the question or add some pithy remark or dope picture.

I don't care how many people respond and you can't expect a response to your question in 3.5seconds, we do have lives outside of the internet and have other things to attend to.

sorry for the rant but it kinda bugs me that you would have this view.

Quick Reply: a4 euro projectors