B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

A4 B5 = Collectors Car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Super Moderator
Question A4 B5 = Collectors Car?

Well I'm going to try and make this as simple as possible. I'm trying to get my car *Ow Owdi* deemed to be "collectible" so I can run Collectors plates. Here is what the application says:

“Collector’s Vehicle” means any motor vehicle or agricultural tractor or traction engine of special interest having a fair market
value of one hundred dollars or more, whether operable or not, that is owned, operated, collected, preserved, restored,
maintained or used essentially as a collector’s item, leisure pursuit or investment, but not as the owner’s principal means of
transportation.
Due to passage of supplementary legislation, additional criteria is required for the issuance of collector’s license plates. To
ensure that all vehicles registered as collector vehicles are truly collectible, we now reference the National Automobile
Dealers Association Classic, Collectible and Special Interest Car Appraisal Guide. If the vehicle is not listed in this guide, we
do have other comparable publications that are similarly authoritative and include the 4th Edition Standard Catalog of
American Cars 1946-1975 (Krause Publications) or The New Complete Book of Collectible Cars 1930-1990 (Consumer
Guide). Vehicle models not listed in these publications may be considered collector vehicles if the applicant obtains
documentation from the manufacturer that the vehicle was in limited production or is in demand as a collectible vehicle at the
time of application. To ensure every opportunity is afforded for the applicant to be granted collector’s license plates,
additional consideration will be granted to applicants providing photographs to substantiate vehicle collectibility.
And then I have to sign this statement is true....
This vehicle is not the only motor vehicle registered in my name and is not my principal means of transportation. This
vehicle is of special interest, being of special make, model, or style, and is maintained as a collector’s item, leisure pursuit,
or investment. If requested, I can supply paperwork from a car club, auto collector, or other proof that this is a vehicle of
special interest. This application is made in good faith and not to evade any law, including Ohio Revised Code section
3704.14, which requires vehicle emission testing in some Ohio counties.
Does AF think I could make this happen?! Any input is always welcomed and if more info is needed please let me know!

Last edited by chocalotstarfish; 05-12-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 03:42 PM
2nd Gear

I don't think you will, but you could.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:24 PM
3rd Gear

Highly doubt it. B5 A4s were hardly limited production.

Old 05-12-2010, 04:29 PM
Administrator

Collector's item is a stretch, but in PA you can get "classic car" plates for anything over 20 years old that still runs. Wait a while and get those

Old 05-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Super Moderator

is in demand as a collectible vehicle at thetime of application.
I'm hoping it will fall under this.

so I can do this?! Can't test pipe with an emission test! Basically Collector cars are not required to test. And we have Historical Plates to but has to be 25 yrs or older...

This application is made in good faith and not to evade any law, including Ohio Revised Code section 3704.14, which requires vehicle emission testing in some Ohio counties.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:08 PM

Def. not a collector car.

Old 05-12-2010, 11:01 PM
3rd Gear

deff not happening s4 yes but not the normal b5's