B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

98 A4 amp question

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2009, 02:56 AM
4th Gear

The stock look is way better. plus they make this

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...K%3AMEWAX%3AIT

connect ipod to factory audi radio. and there are satelite and bluetooth kits for the factory radio as well.

Old 08-17-2009, 02:23 AM
1st Gear

Hey just to bring people up to date, i actually did change out the head unit.

I got the amp integration kit and all the speakers work but the rear deck ones. i've got a wiring diagram for the bose amp, just need to know which ones to jump to get sound to my rear deck. or i'd be open to other suggestions.

Old 08-17-2009, 06:38 PM
1st Gear

In my 01 A4 i have the bose sound system too. the factory amp has 6 channel outputs. Front Left, Front Right, Rear Door Left, Rear Door Right, Rear Deck Left, Rear Deck Right. the factory amp only sends High and Mid sounds to the doors and all the bass / Low sounds are sent out the two deck speakers. (some factory amps call this the bass speaker left and bass speaker right but it is just the rear deck)

saying that the only speakers i have replaced are the deck speakers. i bought a line level to RCA adaptor kit from wal-mart. converted the sound going to the rear door speakers to RCA and put it on an amp for the new rear deck speakers.

The old lines that ran from the factory amp Bass Speakers output i ran to my sub. amps. I now have new 3way deck speakers putting out High and Mids from the rear door leads and the bass leads go directly to the sub amps. this way i can still use the EQ for the bose as well as don't have to use a Crossover on my subs to eliminate those unwanted high frequencies.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-08-2009, 01:30 AM
1st Gear

I know this is simple, but it happens at my job all the time... Outputs on the amp may be bad. Try making it all back to stock and see what happens. If they come on, you've eliminated the amplifier as the problem and can move on to figuring out the more complicated solutions. If not, then the outputs to the rear speakers on your amp may have just gone bad (or the speakers themselves, you can find out by connecting the amp to a speaker of the same impedance as your stocks), in which case it's a matter of replacing that amp or the speakers. It's a simple solution but you'd be surprised at how often this is the case at the shop where I work, even with brand new amps and head units. Let us know what happens!