B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

97 audi a4 1.8t quattro where those wires go

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 07:45 AM
4th Gear

Those are not the only ground wires for the engine(block/head). Those connect to the head while there is a ground wire near the starter that connects the frame to the block. lol

Originally Posted by 1997audia4nightmare
shure i should be thankful .If did what he suggested to do i could shorted my cars harness and posibly damaged it too.I guess no one here knows cars

Not possible to hook up your starter wrong and short out your cars harness. It isn't like you can reverse the wires seeing that the 12v wires are big and then there is 1 small wire. Just sounds like you put the small wire on the wrong spade connector which will not allow the starter to spin.

Plenty of us know about cars and these cars very well. Plenty A4 owners have done the exact same thing you have, even I did it once and was able to fiture out that I put the small wire on the wrong plug.

Old 01-08-2011, 08:03 AM
Administrator

^^^and I bet the other people who may have done that and asked for help weren't acting like ****** to those who tried to help. Seriously man, just lose the attitude and accept that guys tried to help, their help wasn't accurate because of your incorrect wiring, and learn to be a little more gracious. This forum is a great place and we all get along well because we don't act high and nightly and we don't **** where we eat, which is exactly what you're doing. Chances are you'll need help again so talking down like that to members who have a tremendous amount of knowledge and experience on these cars (guys such as everyone who posted in this thread, which you'll realize the longer you're here) isn't a good way to ensure that help in the future. Not trying to be Dad here, but trying to make sure you are able to benefit from this place as so many of us do.