B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

4g63 450's on b5 a4 awm???

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 06:33 PM
1st Gear
Default 4g63 450's on b5 a4 awm???

hey guys just recently came into a deal a buddie of mine is tryin hook me up with with a fmic and some stock 450 injectors from a 4g63 dsm. I was told that theres a way to run these on our cars. my car is an 01 a4 tqm with an awm engine. Could someone spread a lil info this way bc if i can use them then il buy them. but if not then yeah. So could some spread some incite. thanks in advance...

Last edited by mrb5_supra_wrx; 07-25-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Administrator

450's are quite a bit bigger than OEM. Adding JUST those will get you nothing except a poorly running motor without a tune/turbo/FPR/etc. Do you have anything else besides the injectors right now? If you're getting a really good deal on them it couldn't hurt to buy them and hang on to them, but injectors are definitely not a "bolt-on power" kind of mod for B5's.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:22 PM
Site Moderator/B5 Tech Guru

^What Chris said.

Or if the price is that good, buy them and flip it for something you can actually use.

Old 07-25-2012, 08:52 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by CCA4
450's are quite a bit bigger than OEM. Adding JUST those will get you nothing except a poorly running motor without a tune/turbo/FPR/etc. Do you have anything else besides the injectors right now? If you're getting a really good deal on them it couldn't hurt to buy them and hang on to them, but injectors are definitely not a "bolt-on power" kind of mod for B5's.
Originally Posted by BaseDrifter
^What Chris said.

Or if the price is that good, buy them and flip it for something you can actually use.
of course guys this isnt my first rodeo , owned plenty of high horse cars in the past. just new to audi. But i guess i should have mentioned that this would be on a gt2871r, or gt30 turbo'd awm motor (havent decided yet) and with other supporting mods (pump,tunning, etc. ). Just didnt know if we can run those style injectors on our cars. And i guess also what style injectors are the oem. i know there 280's i believe but yea

Last edited by mrb5_supra_wrx; 07-25-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 07-25-2012, 09:48 PM

Spray pattern is pretty important because 1.8T engines have 3 intake valves. Do you know what the spray pattern is like on those 450s?

Also, you may want to consider that there probably isn't a tune for 450cc injectors, unless you get an adjustable FPR and drop the fuel pressure a little so they flow the same as 440cc at 3bar fuel pressure. That is, if the 450s you're talking about will even fit...

Old 07-26-2012, 01:00 AM
Legal Moderator

Originally Posted by mrb5_supra_wrx
of course guys this isnt my first rodeo , owned plenty of high horse cars in the past. just new to audi. But i guess i should have mentioned that this would be on a gt2871r, or gt30 turbo'd awm motor (havent decided yet) and with other supporting mods (pump,tunning, etc. ). Just didnt know if we can run those style injectors on our cars. And i guess also what style injectors are the oem. i know there 280's i believe but yea
if a deal on 450 injectors is your tipping poin from goin bt, you got bigger issues. 440's are not really big enough to make good power on a 2871r, let alone a gt30. if your're set on that size of turbo, get some 630's llike the rest of us. injectors are such a small cost compared to the rest of it that they are really far down on the list of necessary parts. not to mention you need to decide on the software before picking injectors.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:55 PM
1st Gear

Damn.. I never realized how small the 1.8t's injectors are compared to the DSM 4g63 injectors. I have a DSM myself and 450's are small as hell for us DSM guys. I'm currently running 1000cc's on my DSM. But there is really no reason to use them unless you are going to be running a bigger turbo. You also need a "chip" or some kind of retune to compensate if you change injector size. I can definitely see them being able to work on the audi, but there is no reason to use them unless you are going to be upgrading turbo, tune, fuel pump, etc, also.

Old 07-30-2012, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by crazyquik22023
Damn.. I never realized how small the 1.8t's injectors are compared to the DSM 4g63 injectors. I have a DSM myself and 450's are small as hell for us DSM guys. I'm currently running 1000cc's on my DSM. But there is really no reason to use them unless you are going to be running a bigger turbo. You also need a "chip" or some kind of retune to compensate if you change injector size. I can definitely see them being able to work on the audi, but there is no reason to use them unless you are going to be upgrading turbo, tune, fuel pump, etc, also.
Well of course guys I have the supporting mods just figured I could save on injectors for the moment running pretty much free 4g63 450's for the moment Instead of shelling 3-500 on 6's. Looking to get the turbo and do everything so I could get a tune also soon. but I'm on a budget that's why I asked. If i can save a few bucks running at low boost to stay in the capabilities of the the Injectors then yeah. Was think lower boost, and afpr to to keep the fuel in check. Would still be maybe close to the 350- 400 hp range and is be cool with that till I drop my built motor in. Then go bigger injectors, more boost, and a new tune. Just wondering if I could run those in our fuel system and if it would be worth the shot

Old 07-30-2012, 11:12 AM

You say you would spend $3-500 on "6's", does that mean you're looking for 630cc injectors? You can actually get Siemens 630cc injectors for $200 for a set of 4, and I think you would need rail spacers also which would cost a few $$ extra.

Old 07-30-2012, 08:07 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by MetalMan
You say you would spend $3-500 on "6's", does that mean you're looking for 630cc injectors? You can actually get Siemens 630cc injectors for $200 for a set of 4, and I think you would need rail spacers also which would cost a few $$ extra.
Where are you finding 630's for 200 bc everywhere I look there 300 or more