B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

2000 Audi A4 damage,worth repairing? or keep just for spare parts for my 2001 Audi A4

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 09:58 AM
2nd Gear

nah,I'm actually doing them a favor,nobody seems to be asking to buy the car from them,except me,they can't fix it,they can't register it,they can't get the title,nothing. not to mention,they don't know,where i live or my last name,so they can't tell anyone where the car resides.

P.S. Did you know that person with the knife in his head,actually survived that? lol

Old 08-06-2010, 10:04 AM
1st Gear

that was one lucky MOTHER FER ill tell you that.

Old 08-06-2010, 11:15 AM
Site Moderator

ROFL You and your multimedia! I can't take it anymore!!!!!!

Seriously... You could part it out and make a very nice profit on the engine and trans alone... Hook me up with that symphony radio and I'll never give you crap for your pictures and videos ever again

Last edited by onepoint8tee; 08-06-2010 at 11:18 AM.
Old 08-06-2010, 11:31 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
ROFL You and your multimedia! I can't take it anymore!!!!!!

Seriously... You could part it out and make a very nice profit on the engine and trans alone... Hook me up with that symphony radio and I'll never give you crap for your pictures and videos ever again
umm..i was unaware that i couldn't post pics and you tube videos on audiforums and why are you giving me crap in the first place?

Old 08-06-2010, 11:39 AM
Site Moderator

I think you misread my reply. Nobody said you couldn't post pics and videos. I have asked you in the past, for example, what the purpose is of posting a picture of an OBD cable... Or the hidden camera video thing at the dealer about the coil pack recall. It made no sense, and hence I was "giving you crap" to be playful. I hope your feelings didn't get hurt or anything like that. So, about that radio...?

Old 08-06-2010, 11:53 AM
2nd Gear

ooooh,i guess i missed that response in my thread,sorry i misunderstood what you said,thought you was a mod with nothing better to do but bust people's *****

I just prefer to show pics and take clips of anything regarding Audi A4 B5's i guess,its more specific and direct and easier if you ask me,a pic says more,than text could ever say and a video with sound and moving scenes,says that much more.

I happen to think,people like to watch a video and take pics,rather than have to take several paragraphs to get their point across,via text.

Not to mention,i think a video and pics entertain everyone on Audi forums,text in my opinion is just plain boring

Regarding the Radio,the car isn't mine just yet,i hope to have it in about 2 weeks,the guy isn't advertising it or anything,its in a backyard,where nobody can see it,which is good for me.

I actually plan on fixing all the damage and selling it as a whole car,my auto body guy says he can fix it,just need to get a used door from the junk yard as he said there is no fixing that.

ectunning has new symphony Radio's for dirty cheap dude,check it out over there

Old 08-06-2010, 12:28 PM
Site Moderator

You could make more than $2k profit if you parted it out. You could keep it as a parts car, but I wouldn't be swapping 160k mile control arms, suspension, other wear parts, etc. onto my car. It's an ATW engine while yours is AWM, so there are some big differences like with the ecu, cylinder head, coil packs, and water pump. I'm sure you'd get $700 worth of swappable parts out of it, though.

If you chose to fix it and sell it... You pay $700, put another $1500 at least into it for decent body work, paint, galss, and end up with more than $2500 in it. There is no way you could ask $2500 or more with that many miles, the noisy cam chain tensioner, it having a salvage title, and who knows what else because you havent driven it. Even though there are no lights on the dash, those 3 beeps after startup indicate a problem with one or more of a few different things- like abs control module, airbag, tail light out, etc.

Old 08-06-2010, 12:41 PM
1st Gear

They might be the "owner" (i.e. the car wasn't stolen), but another reason they don't have the title could be that there is a lien on the car; as in they owe money to someone/something. If they owe money to someone who put a lien on that car and sell it to you, I'm pretty sure you're inheriting their debt. I'm not sure how it works, but if you ever tried to register the car, you'd probably have to pay something towards it (if not the whole thing). Who knows... maybe the car was "damaged" and they couldn't get it totaled and now they want to sell it.

You should at least call the DMV/RMV with the VIN and ask if it is registered under that guy's name, or whoever he claims it is registered under. They can't tell you WHO it's registered under...but if you tell them a name, they'll tell you if you're correct

Old 08-06-2010, 12:42 PM
2nd Gear

you'd be surprised what people will pay for off the street,here in connecticut.

I get offers for my carthat exceed the blue book value of my car and i have 150.000 miles on my 2001 A4

I guess i like the prospect of having a "project car" to fix up and sell. even if everything you say is true,i still want to try and fix it,it'll be fun and exciting,plus a learning experience.

The car doesn't have a salvaged title,a tree fell on it about 3 months ago,wasn't registered since it was bought from the dealership,the owners only had it one month,before the tree fell on it.