B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

2.8 missing snub mount

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 05:47 AM
1st Gear
Default 2.8 missing snub mount

so i looked in the manual a bit and couldn't really find the part, but I am thinking that my 2.8 is missing the snub mount? Hopefully you can see it in the pic below. There's supposed to be some rubber for that snub to fit into the lock carrier with... right?

Name:  IMG_1834.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  79.0 KB

Old 09-03-2008, 07:14 AM
5th Gear

ya you're definitely missing it. how were you driving like that lol. how's your car coming along?

Old 09-03-2008, 01:07 PM
1st Gear

Yea theres a rubber mount. When I did my timing belt i took off the front and my was ripped in pieces.

Old 09-03-2008, 02:31 PM
Site Moderator

Might want to check your other engine mounts since they have been absorbing the flex for who knows how long.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:33 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by hiwords
ya you're definitely missing it. how were you driving like that lol. how's your car coming along?
the accident repair is all done, i posted some pics in the damage thread of the painting but haven't put up a finished shot yet since it already has bugs all over it. And my headlights still need a bit of work.

Originally Posted by onepoint8tee
Might want to check your other engine mounts since they have been absorbing the flex for who knows how long.
Probably has been like that for at least 44k miles since the last timing belt job. Lame! I ordered a new one from PureMS along with a new coolant tank. I found a few other things while i was in there... someone had use too long of bolt in the AC condensor attachment and put a pin hole into the radiator that was plugged by the bolt itself. JB weld to the rescue... also the serpentine belt was worn, and its tensioner sounds like it's bearings are getting dry. Good things to find early!

Originally Posted by coleA4
Yea theres a rubber mount. When I did my timing belt i took off the front and my was ripped in pieces.
I was showing my mom what the forums were when I was home last weekend and was explaining what the pictures in the signatures were all about. I was scrolling through a thread and she said "Oh, that one looks nice!" when your car went by.

Old 09-04-2008, 06:58 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by kendalll
I was showing my mom what the forums were when I was home last weekend and was explaining what the pictures in the signatures were all about. I was scrolling through a thread and she said "Oh, that one looks nice!" when your car went by.
Sweet. You just made my day.. haha To bad I think im selling it. Everyone at my school is fascinated with audis and Im the only one out of 2000 kids to have one, and all I hear when i meet people is " are you the kid with the audi"

Old 09-04-2008, 07:03 PM
Site Moderator

Off topic, but yeah.. I remember back in 96 (when i was 16, in high school) when B5's hit the market and this one hot chick got a nice red 12v for her Bday. Guys worshiped her before, after she got the Audi it was insane.

Old 09-04-2008, 07:16 PM
5th Gear

i guess your mom didn't see my sig

Old 09-04-2008, 08:55 PM
1st Gear

haha... no hiwords. I don't think she saw yours, or who ever it is that has a GIANT PIC of a thong. Your .gif gotten comments before though. I sent a thread over to a girl also unfamilar with forums and she replied...

her:"What's with the *****?"

me:"the guy who has the picture of the girl with the bouncing *****?

her:"oh, i didn't see the bouncing"

me:"oh.. yeah.. animated over here - it's a bit of a boys club"

her:"i see"

Old 09-07-2008, 06:11 PM
1st Gear
Default is this the wrong part?

Ok so I ordered a mount from PureMS and maybe I ordered the wrong one? It doesn't really fill the hole. Is this normal for the stock bracket and mount??

Name:  IMG_0029.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  50.1 KB

Name:  IMG_0025.jpg
Views: 15
Size:  43.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0026.jpg
Views: 16
Size:  46.3 KB

Quick Reply: 2.8 missing snub mount