B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

01AvantQTM (scammer gets payback)

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2011, 12:08 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by twinpop171
Wow that sucks. After reading your post I went back to review my transaction with the scammer. Fortunately, I hope, I put a pretty thorough description of the ECU that I was buying in the notes section of transaction.

I just escalated this to a claim over the weekend since seller didn't respond to 6 messages through PayPal. I'm keeping my fingers crossed to get my $250 back.
thats what i did and he just gave paypal a fake tracking number for the item... i am now waiting to hear back what they have to say.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:19 AM
Administrator

That's such bullshit, especially if he's able to get away with it by giving a fake tracking number. I hate shitheels like that. Hope he dies in a ******* fire.

Old 01-19-2011, 04:23 AM
Administrator

You know you can give the whole thing a kick in the *** by contacting your (or his) local FBI office and asking for their Fraud department (since this constitutes federal mail fraud). You'd be able to get resolution - there are several people that this guy ripped off and he's MADD additional deceptive moves since (like the fake tracking numbers). I bet they'd be interested. Call them - it's a serious crime, you guys deserve to get your money back, and he deserves to feel the pain from being a deceptive dirtbag.

Old 01-19-2011, 06:54 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by Tourbo24
thats what i did and he just gave paypal a fake tracking number for the item... i am now waiting to hear back what they have to say.
I also put links to a few of his threads on here in my claim that show he is a scammer. Hopefully PayPal can put all of these small pieces together from the involved members on here into a small class action type thing.

I'd like to know what this dirtbags total take was for this crap.

Old 01-19-2011, 07:03 AM
Administrator

I don't think PayPal gives a **** honestly, from what I've seen and heard about their dispute resolution history. Be proactive - forward the info to the FBI. The possibility of someone doing that is why I have not touched any of his threads or posts on here. If someone turns him in to the FBI, I'd want them to be able to see what he's posted and how he presented himself to potential buyers. It could help a case against him.

Old 01-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Tech Guru

first clue for someone of you should of been..... please pm me and don't post in the thread

that way he can get more people

and the first "winner" should of thread posted say ecu is mine

Old 01-19-2011, 10:16 AM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by turbo kraut

and the first "winner" should of thread posted say ecu is mine
it doesnt matter if someone would of posted that as you can tell ppl dont read the previous posts

Old 01-19-2011, 11:59 AM
2nd Gear

+1 for notifying FBI. I've read about how to file disputes online and how to escalate. Every writeup I read said to notify the FBI sooner rather than later.

Old 01-29-2011, 07:59 AM
1st Gear

UPDATE

PayPal gave me a full refund a couple days ago....thankfully.

In the big picture of life, $250 is not a lot of cash but it is still $250.

I have been real busy to update earlier but I plan on tipping the FBI on this.

PayPal refunded me on 1/26 with absolutely no response from seller. Coincidently this morning, 1/29, I have an e-mail from seller apologizing to me for the problems and said he was out of town...again of course...tending to his ailing mother who has since passed. He said I along with everyone else should have their money back in a few days, even though I've had it for 3 days already, and that he WAS NOT trying to scam anybody.

Hmmmm...not so sure about all of that. In this age of technology with computers everywhere I know that if I was selling items for that kind of cash I would get back to buyers ASAP and keep them updated on situation. Communication is paramount when selling online.

Shame about ECU because it would have been a perfect fit for me. There is an APR tuning shop about 10 miles from me so I guess I'll have to save a few more dollars and buy new unless something shows up in classifieds.

Old 01-29-2011, 10:32 AM
5th Gear

oh snap. anybody know where this guy lives? pay him a visit and suggest to him that he should make things right. just don't threaten him and record the whole convo. **** if he lives in my area i'd gladly go up to his house and give him a few suggestions ; )

Quick Reply: 01AvantQTM (scammer gets payback)