B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

01 A4 vs EVO X

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2011, 11:00 PM
1st Gear

Dam this stuppid phone. I AM NOT A FAN OF 1/4 MILE TRACKS QUOTE=erasmmuss;1292335]Call what you want , i am having dificultys at launch and i know what fp black can do , and i am allso a big fan of 1/4 track anyway any idiot can drive in a straight line, i enjoy my car on mountain roads moustly[/QUOTE]

Old 03-02-2011, 11:11 PM
Tech Slut

A 42r for mountain roads lol?
OK

Old 03-03-2011, 01:11 AM
Actual WIZARD

You can spool a 42r in a mountain run?

are you sure you dont have a 3.0 block or something?

Old 03-03-2011, 10:56 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by erasmmuss
that car can not be driven on the streets legaly, so is no point on mention'it,and i use the antilag for spool moustly and about the lunch i can't lauch the car at full boost cuz i spin like **** on street tires ,and i love my car to much to kill the tranny every other week.
First off your not supposed to setup the anti-lag to produce full boost when launching, it should be setup to launch at a much lower boost level. Of course all your going to do is spin the tires like crazy at full boost on a GT42r. I used to do the same thing with my GT35r while just making 25psi with my Anti-lag. Just doing a normal launch with my GT35r I can pull 1.55's all day long and during the launch I am only producing about 10psi.

Originally Posted by erasmmuss
Call what you want , i am having dificultys at launch and i know what fp black can do , and i am allso a big fan of 1/4 track anyway any idiot can drive in a straight line, i enjoy my car on mountain roads moustly
There are mountains in AZ? A GT42r is way too big of a turbo for mountain roads, my friends EVO with a 2.3 liter HTA35r is better suited for that type of driving and would rape your EVO all day long on mountain roads or even on a road course and its his daily driver.

Idiot's might be able to drive in a striaght line but I can tell you that even most avg drivers cant drag race and I have seen many try and FAIL at it. BTW anyone can hit the brakes and turn the steering wheel, so adding corners doesn't make the driver smarter then one going in a straight line. Drag racing isn't the only type of racing I have done in my life time, did plenty of racing on tracks with my 2stroke Race Kart and I used to run my 600cc bike up/down Palomar mountain.

Last edited by Mike-2ptzero; 03-03-2011 at 11:06 AM.