B5 Models Please discuss all 1996 - 2001 B5 A4 topics here...

**The OFFICIAL** R1 Concepts EBAY Rotor Review!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 04:44 AM
4th Gear
Talking **The OFFICIAL** R1 Concepts EBAY Rotor Review!!!

Ok,
So it seems that most of you are all very interested in the rotors I just got for my S4. I have posted in various threads about them and everyone wanted to know how they work. Well I have them installed now and... well... you will see.

First off here is what i got and where I got them:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260293457746

You get all 4 drilled and slotted rotors in this package. For me it was $234 shipped to my door. Not to bad. But again I still was not completely sure how well they were going to work out. But I decided to get them anyways.

Shipping was super quick. I had them within 3 days of paying for them. They arrived in a 65lb box and were nicely packaged. Here are a few pictures of them the day i got them:

Front:

Rears:

And the rears on top of fronts.

These things are beefy. They seem really solid and straight and look amazing (hard to tell in that light).

On to the install:
Well the install was pretty straight forward. I decided to run the Mintex Red Box brake pads with these rotors. I used the Mintex pads on my old A4 when I had that and loved them. They have good bite and don't produce a lot of dust and they are quiet.

Now The Testing:
SO After the install I went out and made sure the brakes were in deed working. Just slow rolls and slammed on the brakes a few times and sure enough they work! I then went and did a few higher-speed stops (60mph-0) to heat the brakes up and get them bedded in. Once they seemed to be working better I hit the highway (it was midnight by this point and there was NO-ONE on it) so I started to do some 80mph-0mph stops by just mashing the brake peddle to the floor and holding it there. THESE THINGS STOP AMAZINGLY WELL!!!! Perfectly smooth braking, no squeal, and no weird vibrations. I did about 5 of these in a row to get them nice and hot. By the 4th one I could smell my brakes a lot but they kept on working just as good as they did before. I let them cool down then proceeded home (I was at a friends house working on them). On my way home I have nice little canyon run that I get to do. It has lots of little turns and whatnot so you get to use the brakes a lot. During this run they never stopped working. Never once got brake fade. Once again you could smell them since I was on them a lot but they never let up.

This is just the first night I have had them on but I will be updating this thread as I use them more but so far I am VERY happy with this purchase. SO if anyone is in the market for some new rotors be sure to check out R1 Concepts. You wont be disappointed.

Here is a quick cell phone picture of the front wheel with the new rotors. I will get some good hi-res pictures this weekend.

I will also try and get some video of them and of some 60-0 stops or something like that.

If you have any questions, comments, or concerns please post them up!

Josh

Last edited by Audi_Skydiver; 10-15-2008 at 08:02 PM.
Old 10-15-2008, 10:22 AM
2nd Gear

lol so do these work for a4's or not?!?!

Old 10-15-2008, 10:29 AM
4th Gear

How muchhhh

Old 10-15-2008, 11:03 AM
4th Gear

The rotors I bought will not fit the A4, however he should sell ones for the A4's.

http://search.stores.ebay.com/Brakel...045238QQsofpZ0

Josh

Old 10-15-2008, 08:02 PM
4th Gear

Bump for new wheel picture.

Josh