Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

You won't believe this.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 09:18 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: You won't believe this.

***Update***
the guy threw in the towel and gave up on doing the downpipe. He said it was too tight, but recommended me to another guy over here. I went to the other guy's shop and low and behold found out it was sponsored by audiworld forums and specialized in TTs, S2000s, and Misc other Audis. In fact, there was a 500 HP TT in there on the lift when I showed up. After telling the guy what I was wanting... he told me that putting a 3" downpipe and straight 3"test pipe with no cat or muffler would probably make me lose low-end power if I did it before the BT upgrade in feb. HOWEVER... He told me that he recommended going ahead and getting a highflow cat.. (since Im already getting the full exhaust at BT upgrade... and if I wanted the 3"... he said to just go 3" downpipe... then 3" highflow cat... then leave the stock resonator and muffler for now and slide in an exhaust cutout between the cat and resonator if I wanted and get the same result. He said that if I bought the Cat and cut-out and brought those to him... he would make the downpipe, install it with the cat and cutout.. then put in a reducer for me for $450. So now I need to find a highflow cat. lol
Whats up with the flanges? They said the downpipe would only be $150 but that the flanges for it would be the pricey part. they said the flanges would be another $150-$200 or some crap. That's why it's gonna end being $450.

By the way... I DID ask the questions and it'll be a stainless piping with mandrel bends and tig welds.

I took some pictures of some of the cars in there. (3 or 4 S2000s, a TT, an oldschool RS4 under a blanket of some kind, an M5 and some other pieces of crap) also some pictures of one of the S200s' engines torn apart being ported and polished and some turbos.

Nate (cincy)... you'll be happy to know that the 500 HP TT is running a BOV and not a DV. lol
they made the whole exhaust on that one too. Im not really too keen on the color of he car... but its real quick. Btw... thats 500 hp at the crank, not the wheels.

Here's some pictures of my visit. Just wish the downpipe was finished like I thought it'd be.
OldSchool RS4

S2000 on the left owns the motor in the next few pictures

Block

Head

blah blah blah

GT35r for the s2000

The TT they had in the shop

The *** end

Under The Hood

Close-up

Interior

Anyway, now I've gotta get a highflow cat and I'll be set for now as far as the exhaust. they said routing the rest of the exhaust from the cat back... takes a lot of mandrel bends and would be high $ labor. Another reason for waiting until the BT upgrade. This way at least I will have a feel for the gains with the cutout... but still retain the quietness without spending big $ yet. I can always throw the mufflers and rest of it on later. One less subcomponent to buy in the BT kit. No FMIC and no downpipe. Maybe I can get injectors, fuel pump, fpr.. and all i'll need is SW, exhaust manifold and turbo. ... I think. lol anyhow... all is not lost.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:31 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

Close-up

Thats a bummer! I was looking forward to hearing it. I dont see why 42DD sells them and have had good results/comments about them. I'm still gonna do it. But I also had a quick question about this picture. What is the wire right above the oil cap (about 2 O'Clock)to the right that plugs in?

Old 07-19-2007, 09:37 AM
2nd Gear

Looks like its going into the coilpack? Not sure. They had some stuff disconnected on it when i was there so who knows.

IT wouldn't have been a 42DD replica anyhow. I just used the 42DD downpipe picture to prove to the other guy that 3" would fit. this guy thats gonna do it now... has made a ton of them for this TT club here called KATT (Korean Audi TT) I think thats what it stands for. lol

Old 07-19-2007, 09:39 AM
2nd Gear

Looks like its going into the coilpack? Not sure. They had some stuff disconnected on it when i was there so who knows.

IT wouldn't have been a 42DD replica anyhow. I just used the 42DD downpipe picture to prove to the other guy that 3" would fit. this guy thats gonna do it now... has made a ton of them for this TT club here called KATT (Korean Audi TT) I think thats what it stands for. lol
Geez is this an even newer guy? There are an a$$load of car places out there. I cant even find somebody to fab me up some straight pipes around here.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:41 AM
2nd Gear

Well, when the first guy couldn't do it... he sent me to someone that specializes in Audis. I've seen the ones this guy has done.

Old 07-19-2007, 09:48 AM
2nd Gear

Well, when the first guy couldn't do it... he sent me to someone that specializes in Audis. I've seen the ones this guy has done.
Oh ok, I thought you were talkin about an even newer guy. Hope this guy comes through