Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

You won't believe this.

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 03:27 AM
2nd Gear
Default You won't believe this.

Check it out... I think I may have struck Gold. I've got a guy here in Korea.... that is gonna replicate the 42DD 225 3"downpipe for $400.
He said one day to do it. I'm gonna drop the car off in two weeks and see if he can. If this works... I'll be taking orders. lol

Old 07-16-2007, 03:33 AM
Default RE: You won't believe this.

I don't believe it lolj/k

Old 07-16-2007, 04:24 AM
3rd Gear

I am down if its a good product keep me posted!

Old 07-16-2007, 04:29 AM
1st Gear

I want one ... as a korean we are pretty good at replicating things ... i know that some of my friends back in korea made their own firearms just by looking at one ... but i would like to know the quality too

Old 07-16-2007, 04:41 AM
2nd Gear

I've seen the guy's work. He does great work as far as I've seen. At first, he said 2.8" was the biggest that would fit. when I told him there were already companies making 3", he said to show him a picture and he could do it. Soooooo... as a demo... he's making me a 3" downpipe... and 3" testpipe all the way back... for $400 installed. Money back if I'm not satisfied, so what do i have to lose? If he does a good job (I'll take pictures and test drive it on my car)... then I told him I'll probably be able to get him a few more requests. lol

ORIGINAL: LovemyAudi
... as a korean we are pretty good at replicating things
I know this as fact. I'm not Korean... but I work very closely with Korean contracts for US military and I know that one thing we always do when working with our A/C... is have chaperones present when having work done. Not for fear of anything negative like sabotage or anything... but because Koreans are masters of reverse engineering. They can take something very complex and backward engineer it and duplicate it almost flawlessly. We chaperone them on stuff to keep them from duplicating US military Aircraft without purchasing patent license rights. lol

I'm stoked to see if this guy is as good as I've heard he is. this shop makes their own ECUs for some of the cars they tune and whatnot. Seem to be real knowledgeable. I guess I'll find out soon.

Old 07-16-2007, 07:58 AM
3rd Gear

When do you go in??

Old 07-16-2007, 10:10 AM
2nd Gear

Yeah see if you can get some general prices. If its $400 installed, how much for just the parts? Also, do you think shipping to the states will be high enought to just stick with 42DD?

Old 07-17-2007, 10:17 AM
2nd Gear

I'm dropping the car off tomorrow (Wednesday @ around 4pm) and he said it should be done by thursday evening. I went in today to ask hm about running a split in the test pipe so I still have dual tips and that's what he told me. We'll see. He's asking $400 for the Downpipe, but he told me he'd make me a test pipe and install it all for no extra charge on top of the $400 once I told him I could probably get him business if it turned out good. We'll see.

Since I'd be shipping from an APO address, the shipping would probably be fairly decent. More than likely like $30-$40 for USPS Priority shipping. they have a fedex here too... but the fedex isn't considered domestic and would be quite a bit more expensive as it'd be international rates. Anything USPS (United States Postal Service)will be considered domestic since I'm on a U.S. Military installation. They also have USPS Express and Parcel Post shipping. Parcel takes forever (2-3 weeks), Priority takes about 5-8 days, and Express takes about 3 days.

Old 07-17-2007, 11:48 AM
2nd Gear

Sweet, keep us on the update.

Old 07-17-2007, 06:49 PM
1st Gear

Haha and yes we are good at ILLEGALY doing things too... but anyways i would like to hear how it turns out