Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

You know you drive a TT when..

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2007, 01:38 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: You know you drive a TT when..

I dont know about you, but I absolutely LOVE the SLK AMG. - I think I test drove a 2006 and had a blast. - Much faster than the TT, never really got to handle it though.

What year is your mom's SLK? - Is it an AMG?

Old 05-10-2007, 04:22 PM
1st Gear

you know you drive a TT when....

-Your door panels make noise.

-Your front sway bar bushings creak like a biatch

-Your chipped 180TT with stock sidemount feels like a slug in this 80 degree weather.

lol seems more like complaints then anything, but i do enjoy my car a lot.

Old 05-10-2007, 04:54 PM

-You try to roll up the windows and they go half way up and then back down again with no explanation or randomly stop 1/2" from the top and won't go any higher unless you lower them all the way again.

-Your cluster has random lines that sometimes even make dirty little pictures in the trip computer area.

-Your car is called a chic’s car by muscle heads that are too insecure to drive a beautiful car(although I do have to admit it sure does attract the girls to come over to make a comment about it.)

-Your wife makes comments about the girls that approach the car all to often.

-You spend more onlabor for atiming belt that some people do for an entire engine replacement and you do it almost twice as often as the factory recommends.

Old 05-10-2007, 05:25 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Vorais
-Your car is called a chic’s car by muscle heads that are too insecure to drive a beautiful car (although I do have to admit it sure does attract the girls to come over to make a comment about it.)
SO TRUE!

Anyway you know you drive a TT when you wake up in the morning, start a cleaning her around 10AM and it takes you until 2PM when she's done!

then you go crazy when the wheels are dirty again after driving for 10 miles [:@]

Old 05-10-2007, 06:10 PM

Yeah... the cute car thing gets old. I'm kinda on the beefy/built side and I get stupid remarks like "How do you fit in that thing?" LOL... I'm used to it though. I drove Miatas for 5 of the last 7 years. The cute car thing goes away fast when you take someone for a ride and toss the tail out on a corner. "Oops... is that a brown stain in your drawers?"

Old 05-10-2007, 07:09 PM
1st Gear

Ya people on a poker message board I go on are giving me crap for it being a gay car, or a hairdressers car :/ I dont mind, but I certainly dont agree either. Unfortunatly, they have evidence

Old 05-16-2007, 09:32 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse

- notice all the other TT's driving about. then realizing half of them are VW beetles.

QFT!!

I had soo many ocassions where some people ask me why i got a beetle. Then when i told them to go up to the car and really look at it, they are like ooo nice, you got an audi lol.

Old 05-17-2007, 12:23 AM
2nd Gear

Argh! I feel so much of the pain of other people on here. My center dash display fades out all the time it
drives me insane and my car turned into a slow heatsoaked POS in 65 degree weather today.

You know you drive a TT when:

-You go to stick your head out the window and get stuck
-You can't find any replacement lightbulbs at autozone, walmart, etc
-Your car doesn't sound like a giant soda can being opened when you let off the throttle at high boost
-People driving your car can't find reverse
-People don't realize there's a backseat
-Everyone thinks it's insanely fast cuz TT of course stands for "TWIN TURBO!"
-Other TT drivers wave at you cuz there's none around where you live
-Your doors don't line up quite right
-People wonder why your regular horn sounds normal yet your alarm/lock horn sounds homosexual
-Cop has to bend down so far to peek in your window that his crack hangs out at passing traffic
-People can't tell you're rolling with all the women that think your car's hot cuz your windows are too small
to see inside
-People describe your car as "futuristic" when it's 7 years old (I've gotten this one from a random
girl)

-You see anything with more than 2 doors as excessively large
-Your engine bay contains more plastic than your interior
-Your interior contains more aluminum than your engine

Old 05-17-2007, 02:22 PM
1st Gear

you know you drive a TT when you've been dying to make mods for a year but its too damn expensive to do so

Old 05-17-2007, 03:07 PM
1st Gear

- You change gears down a street and guys look at your car like o_0? TURBO?
- Same scenerio as above, but girls chasing after your for a ride.

Quick Reply: You know you drive a TT when..