Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

WOW I got spanked at the track today

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2007, 01:52 AM
1st Gear
Default WOW I got spanked at the track today

My pants are around my ankles...Living here in central indiana, me and some coworkers decided to go to O'Riley Raceway Park. there were quite of few imports we only got to run 3 times because they were shooting some tv show but I got beat by a turbo NEON, a Lancer, and a brand new eclipse. the best time I pulled was a 15.6 at like 85 MPH. Although on the street I cant make my clutch slip it was slipping like crazy on the track. even on the way home I couldnt make it slip, but man on that track it went crazy. ..Still had a ton of fun, and met some new people.. no other TT there not even a VW ..also I didnt know the new gto had corvette engines in them...

Old 06-13-2007, 01:31 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: WOW I got spanked at the track today

Thats a slow time (about stock time). You should be in the 14's easy. Are you taking the elitte drive school?

Old 06-13-2007, 04:59 PM
1st Gear

you only have 180hp, what you exspect?

Old 06-13-2007, 06:28 PM
I'm make believe

your an idiot arent you? [sm=chairshot.gif]a 180 can easily do low 14's and 13's with only bolt ons. Its kinds hard to put power down when your slipping the clutch all the way down the track like he said. So i would shut my noob mouth if i was you.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:45 PM
1st Gear

cincy... you really are [sm=badbadbad.gif]the haters killer... thank you for explaining to this "new" guy how the clutch hasto catch in order to actually race a car. You got a little mean with him though, I would've also mentioned proper English is a must when posting here just to make his day worse...
You must be really smart though, you know a lot about mechanics(no sarcasm) and guys who think that a 180TT with 20 psi boost still has 180hp bother me too[:@]

Old 06-13-2007, 11:57 PM
1st Gear

Easy everyone,,,, like I said I had alot of fun, about what I expected, maybe a little slower,but thats probably my bad driving, also I wanted to drive my car home so I didnt abuse the hell out of it. I went there to have some fun and go down the track. Everyone there wanted to race me, those guys had a ton of money into their neon, but on the drive home they are still in a neon. nothing wrong with that, but its a neon still the same, you see them all the time, as we all know the TT's arent around alot . thats the enjoyment I get out of my TT doing something a little different. lets face it new price $ for $ a corvette is the most HP out there. but they are everywhere, not my style. rember this a sort of hobby for most of us. have fun with it

Old 06-14-2007, 10:54 AM
2nd Gear

Remember the TT is not a drag car, nor is it designed to be. - Its designed for the twisties! - Take it to a track that has more than just straight away's and you'll be happliy suprised!

Old 06-14-2007, 11:10 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

Remember the TT is not a drag car, nor is it designed to be. - Its designed for the twisties! - Take it to a track that has more than just straight away's and you'll be happliy suprised!
Yeah I can second that. Yesterday I was on the highway doin my usual 100mph and I can seethis meathead in a ramair firebird convert.comin up on me in my rearview. So he's slowly inchin up and i'm doin my usual weave throught the cars and than here comes an open straightaway and he passes me while throwin out a peace sign. So he gets in the far left lane and gets caught up in traffic and I go to exit on the far right. SO this jerk off cuts all the way over right before I pass his dumb @ss with my own little hand gesture. Ok I know its sounds stupid but thats just how I drive, we weren't really racing. Although some may see it that way.