Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Would there be much interest in a Mantis style gauge pod?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 02:12 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Would there be much interest in a Mantis style gauge pod?

like the ones in the Bimoto TT that would be pretty cool to watch your friends try to start it with the key and when they look at you and say wtf you just tap the button and stare at them like there retarded

Old 05-04-2008, 04:08 PM
Default RE: Would the be much interest in a Mantis style gauge pod?

I would definitely pick up one Mantis style ....What period of the time are we talking about

Old 05-04-2008, 04:19 PM
5th Gear

A month maybe. Gotta dig around the shop and see if we have any scrap aluminum I could use, if not, order it. Cut time on the jet, weld time, potentially anodizing or powdercoating (the latter is easier for me to get done) unless you'd want it bare/brushed aluminum.

Old 05-04-2008, 06:00 PM

A month , **** yes i can wait ..... I like to have the OEM look so anodizing , powdercoating should be fine maybe brushed aluminum too , i need to see it
I thing you will find meny people happy to buy it .

Old 05-04-2008, 10:30 PM
2nd Gear

that would be sick. The mantis is by far the best looking gauge pod. If you made a replica and have the gauges angle up a little bit it would be perfect. If i ever sell my damn tiburon and get a tt i would buy one... alot of ifs... but it gets my vote.

Old 05-05-2008, 09:23 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: achTTung

http://public.fotki.com/BlueTTop/mod..._power_supply/

XCLR8TT, do you have a link to that RS design pod of yours? I cant seem to find anything, is that still in production, or is that a limited run as well?
I did the 12v supply mod. I need to go back and work in it a little bit. The spring popped off so it won't close correctly, but other than that, it's a pretty neat little mod.

The RS Designs pod was a limited run from a few years ago. He made them with Coupe or Roadster etched into the design. I can't find any record of it any longer.

Old 05-05-2008, 10:38 PM
1st Gear

i wouldnt mind the a-piller thing, like with most on here just dont like the visibility on the manits

Old 05-05-2008, 11:42 PM
5th Gear

The 'first draft' I made tonight was just a cardboard mockup. Looks like it'll be a little more involved than I'd like for production, but I'm going to go ahead anyway. It'd be totally sweet if I had a die and could stamp them as one piece, but it looks more like I'll be welding a total of 6 pieces to make one gauge pod. There will also need to be a bracket to attach it to the locations of the ashtray. Doubt there will be any welding there, but its still another part with some assembly.

Celebrated Cinco de Mayo tonight, aka, ate mexican food and drank corona at my buddys place, so no camera tonight, and no pics of a cardboard pod w/ gauge installed. That was an odd sight.

Think Im gonna need a name for this thing, any suggestions? At this point, its just 'MKO', or mantis knock-off, although it isn't really, since I'd consider it an improved design, at least I hope it'll be improved.

Old 05-06-2008, 01:40 AM
2nd Gear

sounds cool man! im excited to see what you come up with.

Old 05-06-2008, 02:25 AM

Me too .............

achTTung gauge pod - sounds cool

Quick Reply: Would there be much interest in a Mantis style gauge pod?