Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Window Tint Percentage

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 08:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Window Tint Percentage

It depends if you live in the ghetto and are holding a gun behind your tint ready to blast the cop. I have heard personally that's why cops give people tint tickets. It depends if your in a bad area and dress like a thug.

Not to hate, but super dark windows (IMO) slightly reduce the class of the car. Again, this is IMO. I have tinted my windows on other cars darkly and felt differently (ie: cadillac has a limo feel with dark tint to me). You (usually) don't see a $200k car with dark tint, they are almost always stock. It could also have to do with my area though. I'm in wisconsin and we really have no need for tint to reduce heat, so tinted cars stand out.

Old 04-30-2008, 09:49 PM

ORIGINAL: moeron7

Man in the town I live in, cops will def pull you over for illegal tint and break out some little device to check how dark it is and WILL ticket you. Bastards!
Yea thats how my town is but so far i have been really lucky. My cousin had 5% over the factory 50%(just guessing at that number)on his Lexus IS300 when he got pulled and they put the meter on it and it said 3% lol he deff. got the ticket but all he had to do is remove it in front of and officer at the court house and they threw the ticket out w/o even paying court cost.

Original: jakej

It depends if you live in the ghetto and are holding a gun behind your tint ready to blast the cop. I have heard personally that's why cops give people tint tickets. It depends if your in a bad area and dress like a thug.
Thats exactly what the cop told my cousin when he asked why he was given the ticket.Not because he dressed like a thug but because whenhe walked up to the car he couldnt see in.

Personally i just like the really dark windows forprivacy. I live in a really really small town and i think i have seen one other audi within maybe 50 miles and anytime i go somewhere there is always a crowd of people trying to look at/in my car if they have never seen one. I actually had to confront one guy because he was in the mall parking lot with his and up against the windows looking in my car b4 i got my tint and it really pissed me off.

Old 05-01-2008, 06:23 AM
1st Gear

it really depend on what coclr you have for a car i got 20 on mine but my car is black so it seems darker than if i had a sliver car

Old 05-01-2008, 08:43 AM
4th Gear

^.. depends on the color of the interior. if you have black interior it will look darker. if you have a light interior the tint will look lighter

Old 05-02-2008, 02:43 AM
1st Gear

So what about an Avus Silver exterior and red interior? I agree that darker tint looks good on a black car, but I think 20% will be dark enough for me.And I have a little while longer to decide, seeing as how my car is still on the shop from my little "incident" with that stupid raccoon...

Old 05-02-2008, 10:03 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: Gmastermind87

it really depend on what coclr you have for a car i got 20 on mine but my car is black so it seems darker than if i had a sliver car
I see you're fairly new here, i'd like to see more pics of your ride. Looks good, also what is a Y pipe? Sorry to get off topic

Old 05-02-2008, 11:57 AM
4th Gear

So what about an Avus Silver exterior and red interior? I agree that darker tint looks good on a black car, but I think 20% will be dark enough for me.And I have a little while longer to decide, seeing as how my car is still on the shop from my little "incident" with that stupid raccoon...
youll be satisfied with 20... trust me, when you look in you see outlines of things, like if someone looks at you from outside the car they will see the outline of your body but not much more

Old 12-30-2008, 11:43 PM
1st Gear

20% or 15%. not much difference between the two. I would go with 15%, so u dont have any regrets later. better to be a little too dark then not enough. right? I have 15% all the way around, easy to see out at night even in the rain. In orlando we use Llumar film, I had Choice Mobile Window Tinting do my tints.U can reach them at 321-439-3064 or http://choicetints.com, ask for troy.

Old 12-31-2008, 07:10 PM

I just got 20% done on sunday($125!!) And during the day I can still see the dash plain as day. Ill pry go back over with 30%. I believe it comes out to 15%.
I don't want people to be able to see the interior

Old 01-01-2009, 08:49 PM
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by jakej
Not to hate, but super dark windows (IMO) slightly reduce the class of the car. Again, this is IMO. I have tinted my windows on other cars darkly and felt differently (ie: cadillac has a limo feel with dark tint to me). You (usually) don't see a $200k car with dark tint, they are almost always stock. It could also have to do with my area though. I'm in wisconsin and we really have no need for tint to reduce heat, so tinted cars stand out.
This is why I haven't done my tint yet. My car looks very stock on first glance. I'm planning on blacking out everything but the windows. It sholud look very clean.

Last edited by warranty225cpe; 01-02-2009 at 02:10 PM.

Quick Reply: Window Tint Percentage