Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.
View Poll Results: A poll
Yeah, I'll meet up with you for the drive, and camp
38.46%
Driving alone, but I'll camp
0%
Sorry, I'm too high class for camping
15.38%
Whats H2O?
46.15%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Who are the 5 who said YES to camping?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2007, 10:34 PM
5th Gear
Default RE: Who's interested in camping with us at H2O?

geez, don't say crash! I've had enough of that business to cover a lifetime.

For Friday night, we're at Assateague Ocean side, site 100. Theres parking nearby, but only one car is allowed on site. Its sorta near the water, and sorta remote. I figured that was good on both counts. Max of 3 tents though. You can fight amongst yourselves as to who sleeps in a tent with who, but I call Becca for my tent buddy : )

Wish I had this info for you guys sooner, it was sprung late on me, and I've been scrambling to make sure its all straight. I may not be the one who originally planned this cruise, but I am the one who invited you guys, so you're my responsibility in a way now, I'll do my best to make sure this weekend goes as smooth as possible.

Any objections, let me know now, I'm trying to be accommodating as possible.

Old 09-14-2007, 10:49 PM

I'm not sure I understand.. so we have a campsite dedicated to the AFers for Friday night?

Old 09-14-2007, 10:59 PM
5th Gear

Sounds like you got it.

My other friends kinda left me out in the cold on a camp site, and the place is unusually full, so I couldn't get a site near them, so, we'll cruise down together, but we won't be camping together exactly.

I do have one issue now though, I was gonna load the hatch full of fire wood, but the park has a ban on wood from NY, NJ, and a couple other northern states. Some bug alert. I don't think theres a bug issue with the 3 year old firewood thats been aging nicely in my basement though, and may pack the hatch anyway.

Old 09-15-2007, 08:53 AM

I could probably bring some firewood no problem. Dont know how much driving a roadster and all. If I leave the top up I have some extra room for clothes and what not freeing up some room in the trunk for wood.

Old 09-15-2007, 10:49 AM
5th Gear

My interior is already pretty beat, and I'd rather not subject anyone elses car to something like that. I may just try to find a place that sells wood on the drive down. If I can't figure anything out, I'll let you know. Enough firewood for 2 nights starting around dusk and burning to possibly 1 AM really adds up, while you might be able to bring some, we'd probably need to find another source anyway.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: achTTung

My interior is already pretty beat, and I'd rather not subject anyone elses car to something like that. I may just try to find a place that sells wood on the drive down. If I can't figure anything out, I'll let you know. Enough firewood for 2 nights starting around dusk and burning to possibly 1 AM really adds up, while you might be able to bring some, we'd probably need to find another source anyway.
Sounds good.. Just let me know. Either on here or ring my cell.

BTW-I know for a fact that Grain Alcoholburns pretty well! [8D] If we run out of firewood.

Old 09-15-2007, 11:35 AM
5th Gear

What if we run out of grain alcohol first?!

I'd rather drink in the cold dark than sit fireside sober. ; )

Old 09-15-2007, 12:44 PM
2nd Gear

If all else fails I'm sleeping in the trunk.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:14 PM

Matt anything change with this? Responded to your PM about meeting the cruise. I hit sales quota today along with my third quarter bonus revenue goal so I'll have Friday off. I can 100% meet everyone in Milford, DE for the last 60-90min drive into OC.

I'm all set on the lodging end too... atleast for Friday night right?

Old 09-24-2007, 06:23 PM

There is a Super Walmart right after Rt 1 and Rt 113 split apart. The address is 939 N Dupont Blvd, Milford, DE. I think its a great place to meet up. Right off Rt 113.

Matt - did you figure out firewood?

Quick Reply: Who are the 5 who said YES to camping?