Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

When will the Audi TT be redesigned...

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2011, 08:24 AM
1st Gear
Question When will the Audi TT be redesigned...

I am extremely interested in buying an Audi TTS or an Audi TTRS...so much so that I went to a dealer yesterday and had almost every detail hammered out...

The deal fell through because the dealer could not confirm that the Audi TT would not be redesigned for within the next 3 years...this is a concern of mine because i) I do not want to buy a car only to find that new model has come out in the first 3 years and ii) I understand that the release of the RS versions traditional marks the end of the body / design line...

With that, I would appreciate any and all information / insight that is available.

Thanks so much,

Joel

Old 08-21-2011, 09:24 PM
I'm make believe

Boy, you are certainly something...

Mki went about 7 years before it was redesigned, so do the math.

Old 08-22-2011, 02:30 PM
1st Gear

Hell of a reason not to buy a great new car.

Old 08-23-2011, 03:18 AM
1st Gear

Wow...tough crowd in this forum [at least based on this thread]...perhaps the toughest I have seen in any of the forums I frequent...anyways, the car is ordered and will be here end of October / early November...

Old 08-24-2011, 08:15 AM
1st Gear

Congrats and enjoy! There is a bit of sarcasm involved at times, all in fun of course

Old 08-24-2011, 08:27 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by quaudi
Congrats and enjoy! There is a bit of sarcasm involved at times, all in fun of course
Thank-you and, to your point, I really hope that I love the car as it is a big departure from my BMW 5 series sedan...

Old 08-25-2011, 08:22 AM
1st Gear

Well, I would think if you're acquiring an S or the RS, performance wise the change will be positive. Size wise will be a different story. I went from an S54 Z3 M Coupe to a chipped 225 and have no regret at all. Not quite the speed or appearance beast as the Coupe but far more comfortable to live with all around.

Old 08-25-2011, 05:16 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by quaudi
Well, I would think if you're acquiring an S or the RS, performance wise the change will be positive. Size wise will be a different story. I went from an S54 Z3 M Coupe to a chipped 225 and have no regret at all. Not quite the speed or appearance beast as the Coupe but far more comfortable to live with all around.
Thank-you for the insight...I hope that it will be an easy car to live with as a daily driver...and yes, I did go with the RS...

Joel