Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

What are our top speeds?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2007, 11:53 AM
2nd Gear
Default RE: What are our top speeds?

he's right about the empirical system...

its retarded.

how many inches in 3 miles? <--Takes 5 minutes

How many centimeters in 3 kilometers? <--Takes 5 seconds

Old 08-16-2007, 12:01 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: joshuo

How many centimeters in 3 kilometers? <--Takes 5 seconds

You must suck at math....[8D]

Old 08-16-2007, 12:05 PM
2nd Gear

I have a 180hp - Chipped with some basic mods.

Fastest i've had her is 145mph. - But I slowed down..she could have done a bit more but I was getting close to redline.

-However I do not believe this car is ment for high speeds. - It handled like crap at high speeds... I felt like I was going to blow off the road. - It was VERY scary. - However between 70mph and 110mph its a THRILL to drive. - I loooooooooove taking corners in the valley with this thing.... Between those speeds I can control the car ....90mph imo is be the best speed in this car, around corners (longer ones) - I feel the most control there... however it could be an issue with me as a driver... idk.

Last night I took the A8L up to 150mph and felt smooth as silk..... mind you its much heavier and is designed to cruise. Plus it was in a straight line.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:14 PM
2nd Gear

i dunno bout your TT but mine doesnt feel like that at all. I had an mx6 b4 and i got that think well over 260. midn you it was modded like crazy. base motor 200hp/200trq + tonz of mod and gobs of torque. KLZE motor is quite the sleeper... but anyways. that car gutted was 2700 lbs for you empirical boyz :P, that thing was shaky as hell at 260+km (156+mph) mind you it took forever to get there but it did it lol.

the TT at 145mph (240) was actually really nice except when you hitgrooved pavement (road under repair)or a pothole, it actually grips the road nicely. i did notice that the front end does lift when going really fast. not like its flying away but the front suspension is definetly higher than when at a stop light. or doign 60mph

btw
You guys are silly, using bigger numbers to sound faster like girls use smaller numbers for their waists to make them sound smaller.
lol if u only knew how ez it is to work with multiples of 10 as opposed to the shoe size of some random dude in the UK back 100's of years ago that decided he was gonna make that a standard lol !

Old 08-16-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm make believe

The TT's tiny spoiler is not meant for 140+ speeds. The top it is probably good for is in the 110-120mph range. Also you have to take into account that tires are rated for speed also. Taking both of those into consideration, safety might not be there if you attempt this.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:30 PM
2nd Gear

Thats what I noticed, I didn't feel grounded. - It felt like I needed something MORE to hold me down. - To me the 110 range felt safe, just wasn't as stable as it was at 90mph.... at 90mph the TT is a dream come true.

Old 08-16-2007, 02:36 PM
3rd Gear

I guess i'm doing a stock high speed run this weekend.
I'll try to video the gauges so you can see what speed the tiresblow and send me flipping through the air.

If you guys don't hear from me by saturday night, go pick up the pieces...

Old 08-16-2007, 02:39 PM
2nd Gear

Make sure you got some good tires, and a good straight away in the middle of the day. - Not much will get in your way but a few bugs. - However if your out in the middle of nowhere like I am...at dusk and dawn...not only are the cops out...but so are the deer

Old 08-16-2007, 02:47 PM
3rd Gear

Mid-day.
Un-populated.
Straight road.
Downhill. So I can open it up and shut it down quick.
I don't wanna be stuck at 145 for 3 minutes waiting for the road toget flat again

Old 08-16-2007, 03:01 PM
2nd Gear

We have a perfect road like that on my way home from work around here. - Its down hill...straight into a valley with NO cross roads... you can see the whole stretch - like a mile... so you can see while your coming down hill if there is any on coming traffic.... meaning... I can basically hit my high speed in the middle of both lanes... protecting me incase something goes wrong.... it freaking rocks.... so its a rare treat when no one is coming in the other direction..... it just screams " FLOOR ME YOU BASTARD!!!! FLOOR ME!!!" HAHAHA

Quick Reply: What are our top speeds?