Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

what order makes more sense?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 05:17 PM
1st Gear
Default what order makes more sense?

I'm either looking into a new blue flame exhaust and a k04 turbo upgrade or some suspension components such as an h&r 21mm rear sway bar, h&r sport springs w/ bilstein sport shocks (or bilstein pss coilovers), and the necessry kmac kit. My question is which would make more sense to do first. I will ultimatley do both but only have the funds to do one now. My car is a 2001 180ttq with an APR 93 flash, forge tip, and forge dv.

Also would it make more sense to do the spring/shock combo or the coilovers? I don't really intend to adjust the suspension but may get larger wheels (19") in the future.

Thanks

Old 04-07-2007, 05:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: what order makes more sense?

your current and future mods all sounds tasty, but I think I would do the suspension first, assuming you already have the boost gauge installed, because it will just give you better control and feel for the increased power you have now and have coming. $0.02

Old 04-07-2007, 06:30 PM
2nd Gear

Id do the power first, even with the new turbo the current suspension will handle the car fine for day to day driving. Feeling the power is always good.

Old 04-07-2007, 07:37 PM
1st Gear

thanks for the input so far.

if i were to go ahead and do the suspension would you recommend the shock/spring combo or the coilovers? i don't think i would ever need to adjust the ride height as long as the gap looked nice. would i get the same performance/looks from the shocks/springs as i would with the coilovers and just lose the adjustment abilities? i also don't want to be constantly thinking about whether or not i had the coilovers dialed in just right but if the performance benefits are that much greater i would deal with it.

Old 04-08-2007, 01:46 AM
2nd Gear

Well how do you plan on driving the car? If you are going to take it to a track or auto X it then go with the coil overs but other wise just for day to day the springs and shocks will be fine. If it is to be a day to day car then again the current setup handles nice enough for now, so I would go for the performance upgrades first, then see if you really need the suspension upgrades. I have alot of upgrades for power and havent felt the need to do any suspension upgrades due to the fact that I dont track race or auto x it,just an occasional whoop some butt off the light stuff. But what ever you do you will like them both.

Old 04-08-2007, 02:57 AM
2nd Gear

You should be fine with the shocks and springs. If you ever want to corner balance or have the ability to adjust ride height then coilovers are the way to go. While you are at it, stick in a Neuspeed 19mm or an H&R 21mm rear anti-sway bar that will be about all you need to do suspension wise for quite a while. After some performance mods, the next step would be big brake kit, you need to be able to whoa all those ponies.

Old 04-08-2007, 03:01 AM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: XCLR8TT
After some performance mods, the next step would be big brake kit, you need to be able to whoa all those ponies.
a BBK is a little overkill for a k04 upgrade, upgraded pads and rotors will be more than enough. You already have over 12" front roters and over 9" in the rear.