Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

What mod can help bottom end on TT?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2007, 09:47 PM
Default What mod can help bottom end on TT?

I love my TT. I love the way it looks, the way it feels and the way it drives. I love it that is until I drive my S4 and then when I drive my TT again it feels like a dog off the line. Is there anything that can be done to give the TT more grunt from the bottom end? I'm just not one to rev the crap out of my car and dump the clutch. I have this aversion to ruining expensive engine/drive-train components.

Any suggestions?

Old 06-15-2007, 09:52 PM
4th Gear
Default RE: What mod can help bottom end on TT?

haha dump the chip on the s4[8D] get a new clutch? so you can pop it and just go?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:17 PM
1st Gear

3.2 V6 swap?

Old 06-15-2007, 10:40 PM
2nd Gear

2.7T swap?

Old 06-16-2007, 12:48 AM
I'm make believe

the only thing you can really do is up the boost into the low 20's with an intercooler and watermeth and increase the timing some. It wont hit till jsut under 3k, but you will have more grunt. Should get you around 300ftlbs if not more, which will get you moving.

Old 06-16-2007, 05:18 AM
3rd Gear

:Lighten the rotating mass should help also right? Tires etc...

Old 06-16-2007, 10:28 AM

Hmmm... the FMIC sounds like the only really tangible soulution. I'm just going to have to start saving my money for a Stage III+ kit for this car. Would the water injection be helpful with the stock intercoolers? Would the timing advance more due to the cooler conditions?

Old 06-16-2007, 10:41 AM
3rd Gear

Water injection is sprayed after the intercooler and before the throttle body, the power you get from the timing is the fact that methanol has a higher knock number than the gas that you run (safer to run more boost and less timing). For instance you can run a 100oct program with 93oct gas and water/meth injection. Look around its getting to be a pretty big deal...

Old 06-16-2007, 12:56 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: beefyosito
Would the water injection be helpful with the stock intercoolers? Yes
Would the timing advance more due to the cooler conditions? the lower iat and reduce knock allows you to increase boost and/or timing
ORIGINAL: 225tt
Water injection is sprayed after the intercooler and before the throttle body, (further away from TB= lower ait's closer to the TB more knock protection. you can compermise or run dual setup)the power you get from the timing is the fact that methanol has a higher knock number than the gas that you run (safer to run more boost and/or timing). For instance you can run a 100oct program with 93oct gas and water/meth injection. Look around its getting to be a pretty big deal... Look at snowperformance stage 2 kitand Devils Own stage 2 kit.

:Lighten the rotating mass should help also right? Tires etc... Always, rims, tires, flywheel..etc Your 1/4 times will more than show it.

Old 06-16-2007, 02:41 PM
5th Gear

Bottom end is a question of torque correct? Torque is increased thru what?

Quick Reply: What mod can help bottom end on TT?