Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

water/Meth Kit got here

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 01:21 AM
2nd Gear
Default water/Meth Kit got here

The Snowperformance Stage 2 MAF Kit with Dual Nozzle and Solenoid upgrades showed up today in the mail from Summit. I'm still waiting on the new plugs, Vac hoses, Vag-Com Cable, Timing Belt Kit, and 4 Bar FPR to show up.

I probably won't install the W/M kit though until I have the vag-Com cable and Unitronics software.
No point unless I can control the timing right?

Old 09-21-2007, 01:33 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: water/Meth Kit got here

Actually you should see some decent gains by just installing it. The intake temps will reduce and you wont pull any timing whatsoever. Plus you can up the boost a couple more psi without just getting hot air going into the intake

Old 09-21-2007, 05:49 AM
2nd Gear

Ok, here's my dilemma though.
I'm located in Korea.
Gasoline, Nitroglycerine, Butane, Methanol... none of these can be sent via mail.

wtf do I put in the tank to run this setup without that Boost Juice crap?

I have methanol here (methanol for gas powered RC cars), but have no clue the contents of the stuff they use. Much less the mixture.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:19 AM
1st Gear

I hear you can use windshield wiper fluid that its just as good. Just what I've read around the forums.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:45 AM
2nd Gear

I know you can use the windshild washer tank, I didn't think you could use the fluid. Why would you spray windex into your combustion chamber? It isn't even flammable. Methanol is combustible so it helps burn hotter (hence the reason your octane raises to almost 120 Oct with w/m injection) I would imagine windex would significantly lower your octane rating. similar to what happens when shady gas station owners add water to their fuel reserve tanks to make a few more bucks.

Yes, the water in a w/m injection kit would do this also... but the methanol more than makes up for the difference.

Old 09-21-2007, 06:58 AM
1st Gear

Well from what I've read here the mix isjust like the boost juice. I was curious on the water/meth set up and found a few threads while searching here.
Heres the thread i read- https://www.audiforums.com/m_626514/tm.htm

hope it helps

Old 09-21-2007, 07:06 AM
2nd Gear

no, you're right. I went to the snowperformnce website and the FAQ says they recommend 50% methanol and 50% water mixture.
"Windshield washer fluid works great. the mixture in washer fluid is 40% methanol and 59% water and 1% detergents"

So I guess you're right.

I had no clue washer fluid had 40% methanol though. lol

Old 09-21-2007, 07:19 AM
1st Gear

Then hopefully there's cheap fluid for you out there, you can get a gallon for a buck out here.

Good Luck with your set up too.

Old 09-21-2007, 07:23 AM
2nd Gear

Well good thing is, you don't need a license to buy or sell industrial chemicals... pharmaceuticals.. pretty much any of that stuff here.
no trademark/copyright laws... no special permits for anything. Probably pick up methanol by the gallon here for about $.75/gal.
Mostly just needed the mixture details

thx for the help.

Old 09-21-2007, 08:43 AM
2nd Gear

Too bad you couldn't just run your car on that stuff, at .75 a gal. That would be like theearly 90'sall over again!

Quick Reply: water/Meth Kit got here