Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Want to lower my TT 3/4" or so

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 02:43 AM
I'm make believe
Default RE: Want to lower my TT 3/4" or so

if you get springs, you should really get shocks too. Im not sure where the cut off would be, but ill just say for arguement sake > 1". Your shocks/struts may last a year or less on the stocks if you go lower. If you factor in cost of shocks also, thats another $350-500 added on top of the springs. VMaxx coilovers from stratmosphere are only $650 and which makes affording some coilovers more reasonable.

Like i said on replacing the struts, im not sure what the magical # is but i feel the hotchicks .9 drop should be OK on stock struts/shocks.

Old 04-12-2007, 09:38 PM

I am debating whether or not to replace the shocks/struts. I probably will. The car has just under 31k on the clock and OEM struts/shocks are usually done by 40k tops. I love Konis. I've had them on Miatas and BMWs that I've had. Anyone here have any experience with them on the TT?

Old 04-12-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm make believe

koni's are koni's. But for that price you could just get some Vmaxx coilovers ($650) and probably save money.

Old 04-03-2008, 11:51 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

if you get springs, you should really get shocks too. Im not sure where the cut off would be, but ill just say for arguement sake > 1". Your shocks/struts may last a year or less on the stocks if you go lower. If you factor in cost of shocks also, thats another $350-500 added on top of the springs. VMaxx coilovers from stratmosphere are only $650 and which makes affording some coilovers more reasonable.

Like i said on replacing the struts, im not sure what the magical # is but i feel the hotchicks .9 drop should be OK on stock struts/shocks.

So far I have only seen people recommend these. Can anyone confirm how the ride is vs stock, and at what height your riding? I want coilovers because I want to make the car look stock when I sell it in a year or so, I assume I will be able to do that with these, yes?

Thanks

Old 04-04-2008, 05:59 AM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: beefyosito

I am debating whether or not to replace the shocks/struts. I probably will. The car has just under 31k on the clock and OEM struts/shocks are usually done by 40k tops. I love Konis. I've had them on Miatas and BMWs that I've had. Anyone here have any experience with them on the TT?
You're going to want shocks/struts soon after replacing springs anyway so while you have everything apart do shocks/struts at same time. They're a lot of labor to install, and not something you want to do twice. You're also spending money for a kit and alignment that you would be better off doing once. Save your money - do it all at once.

Old 04-04-2008, 09:13 AM

i have this:

http://www.mjmautohaus.com/catalog/p...oducts_id=2705

its a mild drop, feels stock, and havent had to worry about potholes or clearance on anything.

im NOT running a KMAC kit or control arms, and everything seems fine. maybe someday i will get the 1/2 KMAC kit for the rear but so far so good without it.

love it!

Old 04-04-2008, 11:42 AM
SoCal Crew Member

way to revive a 1 year old topic!

anyways i have H&R Reds (race set, 2" drop)on stock shocks and no kmac kit! bahaha

Old 04-04-2008, 12:17 PM
2nd Gear

HR coilovers here.....no wheel gap at all but I do need some spacers to bring the wheel flush.

Old 04-04-2008, 12:21 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse

way to revive a 1 year old topic!

anyways i have H&R Reds (race set, 2" drop) on stock shocks and no kmac kit! bahaha
Now no one can yell at the new guy for not searching! Uh.. I am somewhat hijacking the thread though - oh well.

Thanks for the info. How is the ride vs stock?

Mobius97 Date 4/4/2008 9:17:56 AM
HR coilovers here.....no wheel gap at all but I do need some spacers to bring the wheel flush.
Hows the ride?

Anyone here with Vmaxx?

TIA

Old 04-04-2008, 12:36 PM
I'm make believe

Elitte has them (but just sold the car for an s4). The ride is good but softer than most coilovers/spings. If you want a stiffer ride, get something like bilsteins or konis.

Quick Reply: Want to lower my TT 3/4" or so