Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

want less understeer?

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 03:54 AM
1st Gear
Default want less understeer?

Haven't been on here for awhile but thought i would post some stuff i been happy and concerned about with mods to my TT

First off I have done a full dynamatt and foam padding to all the panels to my TT, except the firewalls. funny thing about this is all though i virtually have no vibrations or outside noises, the cars ride is noisier, like when you got crappy aftermarket rims and tires. im working on ridding and if im able to i will say im very happy, so far im dissapointed

NOW FOR HANDLING So with all that added weight, I decided to light it up a bit. I started with removing the spare. replaced with tire foam.
Back seat was replaced with a custom subwoofer enclosure + battery relocation.

WHEN YOU REMOVE WEIGHT from outside of the box area of the 4 tires, your removing unsprung weight, removing this will give you much increased handling response, enter and following through corners will be noticeable even with just a 15lbs gone.

so with the 30lb or so battery in the cars back seat now, I immideately felt a difference in handling.

IT DOESN't END HERE, removing the rear bumper and brace bar, theres a 40 lbs of ballast weight chillin there, removing that too, well now i feel like i can oversteer. maybe over exageration but the handling is so quick and responsive now, and this is on stock suspension, no aftermarket struts

this ballast here is to add understeer actually, if you havent heard of the highspeed(120+) accident recalls the TTs had, this was a addition along with the spoiler. dont recommend removing this if you plan on doing some highspeed turning. I feel i have more balance since my battery is now in the rear in the addition to this being removed.