Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

VTDA cover removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 09:52 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: VTDA cover removal

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

its ok, i didnt spend to money to put a plastic bag over my intake [8D]
now I know what were getting you for christmas! [sm=icon_rofl.gif]

Old 10-09-2007, 09:56 PM
I'm make believe

Thanks

Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: .clipse

^ im not getting how their cover-less VTDA's got louder... i think it was louder with the cover ON.

i ono. maybe it's my exhaust
There's no insulation around it so you can hear it a lot more. Mainly the air being diverted. Give it a whirl

Old 10-09-2007, 10:42 PM
2nd Gear

the vdta still flows a lot better than the stock airbox. i think its a considerable improvement. b4 i got it, was looking into injen, almost bought it, but i just cant see how the hell it would fit through the little whole that is available plus the hid ballast comps are in the way. most likely i will end up getting injen, later on as far as graphs that i seen it appears to be the best flowing, besides it is a true cold air intake.

after i bought it i thought sh*t should saved up a few more $$ and got the injen but oh well ... this is what i got ... at least it was cheaper [8D] -- hey its not like they are hard to sell anyways, i see them snapped up real quick on vwvrotex, so meh, i even put it on my subaru just to f$%k around lmao that motha motha was loud.

Old 10-10-2007, 02:04 AM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: moeron7

ORIGINAL: .clipse

^ im not getting how their cover-less VTDA's got louder... i think it was louder with the cover ON.

i ono. maybe it's my exhaust
There's no insulation around it so you can hear it a lot more. Mainly the air being diverted. Give it a whirl
ya, that's what i was kinda referring it to. i was expecting a nice throaty sound coming from the filter+engine upon full throttle... but all i hear is the turbo spooling like a whirlwind then a blow off-esque sound of the air being diverted.

Old 10-10-2007, 09:05 AM
2nd Gear

i had an open element K&N filter, non cone, on the TT while i waited for the VDTA. honestly the VDTA sound was much better, i personally like the rumble noise effect that it has in low rpm.

the open air filter was not really louder, but i will give it a shot and see what happens ... my friend just got a stlmnt for his 2002 GLI that was modded to hell and was rear ended really badly. took the insurance 5 years to pay up but i got him 27k$- 1k $ deductable so ill be seeing 3k$ from thatdeal , we will be picking up a t3/t4 SDS standalone 1.8T 20V on wednesday and i think im gonna sell him my vdta HAHA .. well we will see

Old 10-10-2007, 01:57 PM
I'm make believe

All i can say is BT and VTDA or TTDA = not smart

Old 10-10-2007, 08:42 PM
2nd Gear

anyone have a link for just the cone instead of dealing with modshack?

Old 10-10-2007, 09:20 PM
2nd Gear

Just go to Green performance filters, summit, or anywhere else and get a cone filts that has a 3" diameter inlet.
Length and height are up to you. You can go bigger, just not smaller. I'd go with a 3" diameter inlet, 6+" length, and 4-5+" base width minimum.
Im probably gonna get the Green performance 7" length filter.

btw... Green Performance has them in any color you want to match your engine trim.

Old 10-11-2007, 01:15 AM
1st Gear

now I always thought the cover was there to prevent heat soak? Doesnt that defeat the purpose? lol.

Quick Reply: VTDA cover removal