Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Uprated Intake Manifold for the 225?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 05:13 PM
Default RE: Uprated Intake Manifold for the 225?

when i do them by hand iput the manifold in my machinist vise (you can use something similiar) using the and using the dremel flexible extension. i roll around each runner. kinda like a in and out spiralmotion. by hand if you can get this perfect you are better than me. it gets difficult as you try to get to the harder to reach areas. dont try and take off too much here. this is one of 3 steps. oh yeah power lube the life out of the manifold. its better to go thin and complete the process (all 3 steps) and do it again if you want to take more out.next using a high rpm, high power drill (i use a snap on air driver 1600 rpm) get a wire brush wheel and run through everything again gently. last you will have to source this http://www.brushresearch.com/product-line.php?line=1

its called a hex hone. run through everything with this. its better to go smaller with the diameter. i use these products for blocks as well. awesome stuff. you will have to source them i buy them by the bulk from snap on. they are not cheap. im sure i pay more for them cause i get them off the truck. this will removemost ofthose imperfections and mistakes you made. if you really want to get trick do several different grits and get it down to a fine polish on the inside. this is all alot easier said than done. this is also one possible way to do this. put your own twist on it and you probably can get equal results with less money or better results. make this a weekend project as it is time consuming and very frustrating getting to some of those hard to reach places. perfection takes time. its is also a good idea like said before to do this on a back up mani. the tools i use to do this cost me well over a grand not including the hex hone. you can use regular stuff but it will take longer. extrude honing is better so is machinist port and polish. consider these option, my extrude hone manifolds are 600 bucks with core. its a custom extrude hone tune and comes with a port matched copper treated gasket. turn around time is 1 to 2 weeks usually. there are cheaper options out there that are also really good and more expesive ones as well that are also good.

Old 07-15-2007, 05:13 PM
2nd Gear

so I can get a RS4 throttle Body and add it to the Ported Intake manifold for an improved gain?
would it hurt anything to add the RS4 throttle Body now without the turbo or uprated manifold, or will it work and just not do much without the others?

Old 07-15-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm make believe

you would need a turbo that flows more to really get any benifits from a larger TB. Also it should be the same diam as the ic piping if not bigger. You wont hurt anything, you just wont see any real gains with it. You would need an adapter plate to make it fit also. You may want to source a vr6 TB instead, should be easier to find and also cheaper. Cant remember if the 12v and 24v are the same, would need to check that out on vortex

Old 07-15-2007, 05:48 PM
I'm make believe

Ok, not a 1.8t or even a vw/audi, but this will be a great aid in helping anyone wanting to port out there manifolds some. Clicky

Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: cincyTT

you would need a turbo that flows more to really get any benifits from a larger TB. Also it should be the same diam as the ic piping if not bigger. You wont hurt anything, you just wont see any real gains with it. You would need an adapter plate to make it fit also. You may want to source a vr6 TB instead, should be easier to find and also cheaper. Cant remember if the 12v and 24v are the same, would need to check that out on vortex
Yea, that's fine. I'm not really power hungry. I'm more or less trying to do what I can during the time I have left until the BT upgrade. I'd like to go ahead and start with the little extras now so I have things ready when I finally get to it. if they don't give any gains right now, I'm fine with that. As long as it won't do any harm... then I'm better off doing it in preparation for the big upgrade next year. thanks for the info.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:26 PM
I'm make believe

about the only thing powerwise you need to do before you go BT would be a exhaust (dont recall you having one). You already have a nice setup for it powerwise. Save up and go for it when your ready. BTW, you need to change your sig for the fmic, headlights and to get rid of the apr intercooler in the to do list below.

Old 07-15-2007, 06:29 PM

also look at clutch options.

Old 07-15-2007, 07:16 PM
2nd Gear

Yea, I really do need to update my signature. lol I've done about 6 mods since then. lol
Next mod is the coilovers, front sway, and DEFCON (all at the same time i hope)
then I'm doing the SPEC Stage 3 with steel fw in the fall.

Old 07-16-2007, 12:52 AM
3rd Gear

^^^Sounds like a good plan!

I am thinking of doing something way different and you guys may not like it or you may love it. Nate from Snowperformance has me thinking.....

Old 07-16-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm make believe

your either doing like direct port injection or injecting it preturbo.

Quick Reply: Uprated Intake Manifold for the 225?