Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Uprated Intake Manifold for the 225?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2007, 12:56 PM
2nd Gear
Default Uprated Intake Manifold for the 225?

Are there any upgraded Intake Manifold Options for 225 owners?

I think APR has something but I'm not sure. Just curious if anyone knows anything about it.
Saw it mentioned for the 180 in another thread and didn't wanna hijack the thread to ask over there.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:30 PM
Default RE: Uprated Intake Manifold for the 225?

uprated manifiolds are good mods. i dont have experience with the apr one myself yet but im sure it is awesome like all there stuff. in house i use factory manifolds that i get extrude honed. you can also take your stock manifold to a machinist and get it ported and polished. the extrude hone guys i use tell me its about a 20% flow increase with the 225 manifold. keep in mind you will have to port match the head and gasket to get maximim flow. also if you have a few extra dollars to burn you can have a machinist build you a spacer to put between the head and manifold, this helps with lowering intake temps i hear. there is also a shop making off the shelf kits for the spacer but i really cant remember who it is. If you want to go to a crazy, Ross Machining makes a manifold that is supposed to be really kick ***. let me know what you do, if you go some other route other than the extrude hone, im curious about the results.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:32 PM

for ***** and giggles you should try the old school dremel port job. you really can get a few ponies out of it if you stroke it the right way.

Old 07-15-2007, 01:47 PM
1st Gear

^^ rayveedub, please elaborate on the dremel port job... any tricks to it? have you done it and, can you verify any good gains from it? My mani is coming off on my 180 shortly for the w/m injection, so I'd like to play with it before it goes back on

[/align]

Old 07-15-2007, 02:08 PM
2nd Gear

You've gotta be VERY careful when doing that though.(I wouldn't go pulling off the only intake manifold I had and start grinind into the inside trying to "open it up" more wihtout a contingency or backup manifold on hand)you've gotta ensure everything is very precise and VERY even when extruding and polishing the inside. I would imagine that if you don't get it completely even... you'll get erradtic airflow and misfiring.

I may get an old 225 one off someone and play with it and see if I can port and polish it out a bit. That way I can throw it on... try it ... ad if it doesn't work right... I can throw mine back on. I may look into this. thanks
You talking about the phoenalic spacer evoheatshield spacerthing?

*** Side Note***
I've seen mention of an intercooler aquamister kit on here somewhere. I did a search and got nothing. anyone know of a link to somewhere with these? Just something I can set up.
Short description of what I'm looking for:
Im picturing something that looks almost like a fuel rail. like a 24" rail... with 4 atomizer points spaced 6" apart that mounts across the intercooler and can be activated manually or setup on a vacuum solenoid to spray at boost points. any info would be great.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm make believe

Some good intake man info

Just remember that it wont do much until you upgrade your turbo. Also you can by manifold spacers.

As for the misting, i think steve schwing has his setup on his fotki page.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:19 PM
3rd Gear

I like Don R.'s 007 intake manifold for the price and the performance it is going to be hard to beat. I should be installing this piece here this fall, look for a review and pics...

Old 07-15-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm make believe

if you do get one, find a larger TB (S4 V8 or 3.2) so you can open up the airflow more and they can add the right flange for it.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:30 PM
3rd Gear

They said the VR6 will come with it for a few extra and its 68mm I think which is the same as the RS4 one.

Old 07-15-2007, 04:35 PM
I'm make believe

Perfect! The TB will net you great gains initself. If you check out vortex, badger5 got 40awhp (seat ibeza 1.8t haldex car) with a simular turbo to a mitsu 20g with the 007 and that TB.

Quick Reply: Uprated Intake Manifold for the 225?