Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

which upgrades to do in sequence?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 07:35 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: which upgrades to do in sequence?

what benefit does chopping off your muffler have other then making the car a little louder?

Old 07-07-2008, 12:26 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: TheBlackPearl

what benefit does chopping off your muffler have other then making the car a little louder?

Was thinking the same.

Old 07-07-2008, 02:15 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: achTTung

F/R Powerflex poly A-arm bushings (if nothing else, get these)
You'll get much more improvement using DEFCONs (www.modshack.info/defcon.htm) in the front position of the front A-arms in addition to Poly (or even OEM MK1 rubber bushes). Also, many people have issues with PowerFlex in the rear position of the front arm. New recommendation seems to be spherical bearings for that position, available from HSport (link on Audiworld, but they are down right now)...

Old 07-07-2008, 07:08 PM
3rd Gear

since you have a chip do this....get a 3inDP and 3in or 2.75 in catback...water/meth, and a 19in or bigger Rear sway bar...motor mounts are great upgrade(street or track) and maybe dieselgeek short shifter lol i will confirm how good it is later this week after i install in along with my powergasket plus (intake manifold)

Old 07-07-2008, 08:46 PM
1st Gear

Which gasket did you get? I hope the one from Evolution Tuning (http://public.fotki.com/mcphill/audi...enolic_spacer/) and NOT the one from NewSouth Performance (http://www.newsouthperformance.com/gasket.htm). The Evo one is phenolic - meaning it is not degraded by heat. The NewSouth one has been known to melt in some TT installs...

Old 07-07-2008, 09:25 PM
3rd Gear

How much. Hp where those TTs running? Also they have stated that the new ones they sell don't have that issues anymore..we will see. I thought hard bout which one and didn't like the idea of port matching the evo one and the firtment of the brackets. This newsouth power plus. Just replaces the oem metal one

Old 07-08-2008, 04:30 PM
5th Gear

ORIGINAL: TheBlackPearl

Answered in my first post..

Turbo spools quick, as there is VERY LITTLE restriction now
I'm definately 'go before show'. There is very little done to my car for aesthetic reasons.

MPC.. I saw the debate about the powerflex bushings vs. spherical. What I took from it is that the powerflex bushings were fine for almost everything but the hardest track use, but it was a good point bringing that up. I may have mentioned in other posts here about possibly upgrading mine depending on the track use my car sees. No track time yet, I'm building the suspension/brakes complete before I start putting in serious track time (and I'll watch those bushings when the time comes). Until then it'll be twisties and AutoX.

Old 07-08-2008, 09:47 PM
SoCal Crew Member

ORIGINAL: quatro

I have a 2004 225 6-speed Quatro with 28000 kms. , 225/40/18 stock wheels/tires
-I have upgraded the ECM with Unitronic Software ( now output is approx. 260 HP) and a Bailey Diverter Valve
-What would you recommend on the Intake Side ( want to keep engine and fuel system stock)?
~ ur fine with a K&N drop-in. but if anything, a stand alone cone/shroom' filter would do the job just fine.

remember, 2.75" MAF inlet for 180TT // 3.00" MAF inlet for 225TT

-What would you recommend on the Exhaust side?
~ 3" DP ~> hi-flow cat if you live in california or testpipe anywhere else... or if you're a brave soul in california. also, i'd toss in wayne's angled 02 sensor block to reduce throwing the CEL out there

-What would you recommend for suspension upgrades?
~ V-Maxx for looks + minimal performance all the way up to KW V3's for a track ready setup. i'd toss in a STaSiS setup up there too.

-What would you recommend for brake wpgrades?
~ Wilwoods, Stop-Techs, etc.

This car willbe tracked a little at 2-3 driving schools/year but will be a daily driver ( I live in the snow belt-Nova Scotia, Canada
Thanks for your input
Wayne

p.s. - doesn't anyone read the faq anymore [&:]