Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TURBO cuts out (beginning same exact day of MAF replacement) on 2001 TT

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 12:04 PM
2nd Gear

The ecu could be advancing the timing with the higher air flow numbers, or something along those lines.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:25 PM

temporarily unplug the MAF. you might get a CEL but if the car runs better then the new MAF was bad. by unplugging the MAF you force the car to run off the MAP. it still won't run as well as with a working MAF bu it should run better than with a bad one.
i don't think the issue is with the MAF. the code you are getting has to do with the vacuum lines and boost controller n249 thats the thing on the valve cover with wires and a rats nest of vac lines going to it. look at those lines for damage. while your in there replace the plugs it can be a pain in the a** especially detaching the wires from the coil packs but your going to need it any way and soon. also you might try cleaning you throttle body they get nasty with carbon buildup.

Old 08-05-2009, 05:54 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by ninjatturtle
temporarily unplug the MAF. you might get a CEL but if the car runs better then the new MAF was bad. by unplugging the MAF you force the car to run off the MAP. it still won't run as well as with a working MAF bu it should run better than with a bad one.
Alot of people say this and it may be true, but it didn't work for me. The car ran the same, yet the maf was bad. I think vag-com is the only way to test it.

Old 08-06-2009, 09:02 PM

Update! Hey everybody i believe i have fixed the boost problem. I knew there had to be a correlation between the turbo pressure dropping and the same day replacement of the maf.. I heard a little bit (very faint) of hissing, so i checked again, i noticed the metal clasp around the left side of the maf to the intake was a little crooked (kicking out, quite a bit to the left on the bottom) and was more near center of the two lips it is between. I straightened it out, shifted it all the way to the right against the right/outer lip, & snugged it up good. Now i dont seem to feel any pressure loss or kickback from the turbo. Im going to run some test with the vag, but just by the way it feels i think ive solved my problem. I think i still will change the sparks though, just for added comfort. Thanks again for everybody's help!

Old 08-06-2009, 11:09 PM

good job. guess i was wrong. just goes to show a code is no replacement for look around under the hood.