Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT vs. SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 01:08 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: TT vs. SS

ORIGINAL: DenimTT

I see that...kind of a brutal 60ft time for the power/weight.

That what I was talking about though. A stoplight race I think a TT will eat that up based on AWD alone. I dont know about you, but in my experience when some1 gets pumped off the line really hard they usually try to play it off like they werent trying to begin with.

I dont know man, 9.5 to a 14.6 run isnt as bad as my J-Body was (the bottle probably close to the s/c as far as total output I guesstimated it at around 250hp at the crank maybe a shade under 200 to the wheels with the auto in a 2900lb car). It ran 8.9 to a 14.0 in the top end with a whopping 17mph in the last half of the track and the turbo on my TT would eat that up too. The FWD DSM's routinely went whipping by me in the last 250 or so ft of the track to thier high 13 averages. The only type of car I never got a win on was AWD turbo cars. I mean that little econobox would rape stage II roush Rustangs, and even held ground on a supercharged NSX once but couldnt hang with the base WRX's on the street. They launched too hard(and i'm pretty quick off the line) and by the time im moving they were spooled and my torque was useless.

It would probably be close. TT off the light Cobalt at mid track and probably TT in the end. But like I said b4 thats just based on my opinion and experience. Havent had the TT to the track yet for e real comparison though. The Cobalts best shot would probably be from a slow roll to take away some of the TT advantage and void the squishy suspension problem. Dont even try it on the highway I doubt GM had autobahn style runs in mind when putting that thing together.
These cars are way underated on hp. GM says 205 at the crank when these cars dyno at 215-220 FWHP. As much fun as this car is to race at the drag strip, it really is a road course car, this car shines through the twistys! I assume you are talking about the 225 hp TT correct, I am not sure if it would pull away at the top end, but it would probably have a big enough lead of the line that I could never make up. I have beaten several Mustang GT's, Z28's, etc.. they all get me off the line, but I end up catching them about 1000' mark. Although I dont typically race on the highway, from others I have seen they do well up top, although I have never seen these two cars race at highway speeds. I would really like to meet one at the track for fun. I enjoy a challenge and like to see where I stack up against others.

Old 06-21-2006, 07:57 PM
FRO
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: KillerNutz
These cars are way underated on hp. GM says 205 at the crank when these cars dyno at 215-220 FWHP. As much fun as this car is to race at the drag strip, it really is a road course car, this car shines through the twistys! I assume you are talking about the 225 hp TT correct, I am not sure if it would pull away at the top end, but it would probably have a big enough lead of the line that I could never make up. I have beaten several Mustang GT's, Z28's, etc.. they all get me off the line, but I end up catching them about 1000' mark. Although I dont typically race on the highway, from others I have seen they do well up top, although I have never seen these two cars race at highway speeds. I would really like to meet one at the track for fun. I enjoy a challenge and like to see where I stack up against others.
I hope you are talking about LT1 Z28's. Because the LS1 motor is a beast up top. Unless the car had a super bad driver mod.. Not to start anything here, but I've owned 2 LS1's and 2 LT1's. With very few mods my LT1 was running 13.8 - 13.9.. The LS1's on the other hand are a whole different story. Stock LS1's typically run 13.6 - 13.9 with a 99-102 trap speed. Heck, my WS6, with few mods at the time ran a 13.3 @ 105 on a 2.1 60'. I can see the SS beating a GT. Even the 05-06 GT's are a little light in the power department. This is mostly speculation on my part as I haven't run a SS at the strip nor have I seen one run. Also, depending on altitude(and other things), your 14.6 may be much better somewhere else and the LT1/LS1's may be running slower than the typical mid to high 13's. If you could trim that 60' down to 2.0 you'd be running 14.2 - 14.3's.. Slap a pulley on that thing!

Old 06-22-2006, 10:53 AM
1st Gear

True, LT1's didnt mean to mis-represent. I am at approx. 800' above sea level so thats not the issue with my time, more my inability to launch well. There are more than a few guys on better tracks who have run 14.1-14.3 consistently stock. And the pulley etc. is in the works. My goal is 300+ FWHP by the end of the summer

Old 06-22-2006, 12:26 PM
FRO
1st Gear

Pulley and better launch should net you a 13.xx... 800' is not bad. I'm at 700' here. The bad thing about Oklahoma is the humidity. 14.1 stock is pretty impressive actually. I can see that car becoming a beast. Good luck with it!

Old 07-04-2006, 02:49 PM

OK i've been out for a min u know workin and ****. but here is the story wit my friend. when we were both stock it was like i killed him off the line and when he hit 3rd gear he was pullin on me but not passin me i was at the end of 3rd goin into 4th when i hit that we were even. that was us racing off a died stop. so im not sure if he would have passed me cuz we didn't have enough road. then we went on highway. that was interesting we really couldn't tell who was faster it all depends on the speed and who hits the gas first and it's hard to tell when ur doin like 70 next to each other we did it like 5 times and it was different everytime. he would pull and i would pull the next time wierd! but then i got my car revo chipped and now he doesn't even wanna play! lol! that was def the best thin i did to my car so now i got hyperboost DV, K-n-N filter, and revo chip so he can't even keep up now!

Old 07-04-2006, 10:02 PM

here is a nice pic for u'll!