Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT vs. SS

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2006, 04:50 AM
5th Gear
Default RE: TT vs. SS

hell i have beeten stock wrx's screw the legacy gt lol and yea the exhaust really makes a difference, but then i have 2.5 exh and a test pipe, n75 race valve along with the giac chip and a big FMIC to keep the air nice and cool

Old 06-08-2006, 12:09 AM
1st Gear

i am going to the stealership to get the n75 race valve but they don't call it that. so i had to get the part # off of one the furums. I didn't know that their was an upgrade to the valve for the waste gate till you said something. I took a look at ecstunings website and read about the valve. seems like it will work out for me pretty good. but i will buy it at the stealership because they only want 76 bucks for it. 90 at ecstuning. Then july i get the exhaust. My buddy is the one with the 2005 legacy gt. I just want my car quicker than his so i can shut him up. He always talking **** about audi's. I need to SHUT HIM UP!!! So these upgrades better put me over 250hp. So you have a FMIC. That is awesome. it the APR one or a GREDDY? The wife would kill me if i brought up getting one of those. The exhaust was hard enough.

Old 06-08-2006, 12:18 AM
5th Gear

yea im the one that is always telling people to go to the dealer for the n75h valve I got mine for like 60 at my dealer but i get a discount.... my intercooler is a custom set up its a johnny racecar core though

Old 06-08-2006, 12:30 AM
1st Gear

cool. My buddy bought a 2006 a3 and i used to go with him to the dealership and use his discount (15%) to get parts. Then he moved so no more discount. awe-tuning used his car for the prototype exhaust for the A3. I think they use his car on their site to sell the exhaust. That is a sick car. It had 208 hp at the wheels stock.

Old 06-14-2006, 10:45 AM
1st Gear

If you get enough on him off the line, it shouldnt be any kind of problem. The Ecotec line of motors has NOTHING in the topend, and I cant imagine a supercharger to help that situation. My old Cavalier (2002 w/ the 2.2L NA ecotec [http://www.j-body.org/members/02ecopower/cars/1/]) ran 14.0 at the track with a 75 shot on an auto tranny(numerous other mods). And that was the quickest privately owned Ecotec in the contry(US) for awhile.

Use the AWD to put the gap on off the start (he shouldnt be able to do better then 1.9-2.2s in the first 60ft if hes a skilled driver slower if hes not as experienced) and the turbo will take care of the rest. I would feel pretty confident about putting the hurt on the Cobalt SS in my 180TT. That supercharger should make for some mean low-end torque though if he can hook it up, that is the shining point of the Eco's nice flat tourque curves.

I think if you get him from the start its over, and I think AWD beats out the SC and Torquey motor for the advantage off the line. But thats just my Opinion.

Old 06-20-2006, 06:23 PM
1st Gear

I own an SS/SC and was checking this site out b/c a friend of mine is getting a TT when I saw this thread. I am curios what the 225 hp TT's run in the 1/4 mi? I have raced a few of the 180hp auto's and it's not close. I like your cars and look forward to learning more about them as my friend gets his.

Old 06-20-2006, 08:56 PM
1st Gear

Curious if you have any full timeslips you wouldnt mind posting up of that SS. I have some slips of my 2.2 Auto Eco here. Im willing to bet 90% of you're accelleration is in the first half of the track too.

Plus I'm really interested in how well the delta chassis gets up off the line with all that power.

Old 06-20-2006, 09:18 PM
FRO
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: KillerNutz

I own an SS/SC and was checking this site out b/c a friend of mine is getting a TT when I saw this thread. I am curios what the 225 hp TT's run in the 1/4 mi? I have raced a few of the 180hp auto's and it's not close. I like your cars and look forward to learning more about them as my friend gets his.
I just picked up a 225TT and am curious about times as well. I'm pretty sure I've read somewhere of a 14.2 1/4 in stock form. I've also read on this forum that a chipped 225TT is in the 13's. With supporting mods, I would think 12's wouldn't be too far off.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:02 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: DenimTT

Curious if you have any full timeslips you wouldnt mind posting up of that SS. I have some slips of my 2.2 Auto Eco here. Im willing to bet 90% of you're accelleration is in the first half of the track too.

Plus I'm really interested in how well the delta chassis gets up off the line with all that power.

I dont have the timeslip here with me at the office, but here is how it broke down:

rt: .8149
60': 2.27
1/8: 9.51
1/4: 14.65
mph: 96.45

The hardest part of this car is launching it, we get a lot of wheelhop of the line stock.

Old 06-21-2006, 12:48 PM
1st Gear

I see that...kind of a brutal 60ft time for the power/weight.

That what I was talking about though. A stoplight race I think a TT will eat that up based on AWD alone. I dont know about you, but in my experience when some1 gets pumped off the line really hard they usually try to play it off like they werent trying to begin with.

I dont know man, 9.5 to a 14.6 run isnt as bad as my J-Body was (the bottle probably close to the s/c as far as total output I guesstimated it at around 250hp at the crank maybe a shade under 200 to the wheels with the auto in a 2900lb car). It ran 8.9 to a 14.0 in the top end with a whopping 17mph in the last half of the track and the turbo on my TT would eat that up too. The FWD DSM's routinely went whipping by me in the last 250 or so ft of the track to thier high 13 averages. The only type of car I never got a win on was AWD turbo cars. I mean that little econobox would rape stage II roush Rustangs, and even held ground on a supercharged NSX once but couldnt hang with the base WRX's on the street. They launched too hard(and i'm pretty quick off the line) and by the time im moving they were spooled and my torque was useless.

It would probably be close. TT off the light Cobalt at mid track and probably TT in the end. But like I said b4 thats just based on my opinion and experience. Havent had the TT to the track yet for e real comparison though. The Cobalts best shot would probably be from a slow roll to take away some of the TT advantage and void the squishy suspension problem. Dont even try it on the highway I doubt GM had autobahn style runs in mind when putting that thing together.