Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT vs. SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2006, 05:15 PM
Default TT vs. SS

I have an 02 TT 225hp and my friend has a 05 Chevy SS, he wants to race. I have only had my car for like 2 weeks now so i want to know what sould i drop the clutch at and what should i shift at? i read to drop the clutch at 4300 rpms, that's f***ing high! and i also feel like the car looses it's power at around 6000 rpms, so should i shift at 6 grand or rite before redline? oh and my car is stock, well i have a k and n filter but that is ALL. im gettin it chipped, getting a DV, and the N75 like next month hopefully.

Old 04-22-2006, 02:06 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: TT vs. SS

I have a 180 TT and just had it dynoed, the power peaked at 5900, and then dropped off hard at 6100rpm. Mine has a chip, among other things, don't know how that changes the curve from stock. As for shifting, I don't really know, certainly not below 3500. Just thought I would pass on the info I had to give, hope it helps. But hey your friend is going to have a lot of trouble getting that power to the ground in a front wheel drive V8. You'll certainly pull ahead at the start.

Old 04-22-2006, 11:21 AM
5th Gear

Don't dump the clutch right out, but let it out quick and smooth at about 3400, higher and you risk smoking the clutch, since you won't be smoking your tires... Best shift point is around 5500, or just over.

Practice a bit, you'll find a sweet spot that works best for your style, but those are my guidelines.

Old 04-22-2006, 02:21 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: bvgoosedd

I have an 02 TT 225hp and my friend has a 05 Chevy SS, he wants to race. I have only had my car for like 2 weeks now so i want to know what sould i drop the clutch at and what should i shift at? i read to drop the clutch at 4300 rpms, that's f***ing high! and i also feel like the car looses it's power at around 6000 rpms, so should i shift at 6 grand or rite before redline? oh and my car is stock, well i have a k and n filter but that is ALL. im gettin it chipped, getting a DV, and the N75 like next month hopefully.
Cobalt, Silverado, Impala? Whats your buddy have?

Old 04-23-2006, 12:22 PM

Cobalt SS supercharged is what he has

Old 04-23-2006, 12:28 PM
1st Gear

Ive been hunting for one of those to run. Dont know much about them. Let us know how you do.

Old 04-23-2006, 03:32 PM

I will let u guys know how it turns out!

Old 06-04-2006, 02:10 AM
1st Gear

I race a cobalt SS tonight. I got my a$$ handed to me. They are quick. I had no chance. I have a 2001 audi a4 quat auto. W/ the giac, tip chip, forge racing DV, intake filter. I did have about 500 extra pounds in the car at the time. So he did have about 800 lbs on me since they only weight about 2900 lbs. none the less i am really pissed about it. [:@]

Old 06-04-2006, 04:16 AM
5th Gear

WTF man i raced my buddies cobalt ss and kicked the **** out of him, and im modded about the same as you, but i got full borla and a tp.... we are both pretty damn good drivers so the difference there was pretty much none and i seriously handed it to him
ORIGINAL: audi_pa

I race a cobalt SS tonight. I got my a$$ handed to me. They are quick. I had no chance. I have a 2001 audi a4 quat auto. W/ the giac, tip chip, forge racing DV, intake filter. I did have about 500 extra pounds in the car at the time. So he did have about 800 lbs on me since they only weight about 2900 lbs. none the less i am really pissed about it. [:@]

Old 06-04-2006, 03:33 PM
1st Gear

WTF well if you handle your buddys SS and had no problem then i just had too much weight in my car to even compete. It was just a roll from 40 to about 90 a couple of times. I could hear his super with my windows up. So i don't know if he put a pulley on it or what. I will just blame the lost on the two extra fat a$$es in my car. and find another SS by myself. I really thought my audi was going to rape his cobalt. Well i will get my borla exhaust in july and hopefully that will make the engine and chip live up to their full potential. did you ever race a subaru legacy gt manual? I did...Lost. At least i have never lost to a civic.