Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT or SRT-6???

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 09:17 PM
1st Gear
Default TT or SRT-6???

I know this is not the usual Thread since not many people know of the srt-6, basically also under the slk32 amg. I'm not here to compare cars and say how much better one is, but more to ask for your help. Recently I decided i want to buy a roadster and i just found this tt quattro with 35k miles at $20k, alsofound one srt-6 same milage for$26K. main difference between cars, 100bhp more for the srt(330). I think i should ask someone that knows what's up how much would it cost me and how much time and work would it be to add 100hp to that 1.8T that comes with the Audi TT quattro. I like both cars, and i also like having more money in my pocket each month. I've seen a TT with 480HP(online), and i thought it's impossible, someone on this forum would know if that is possible. If yes, than reaching 300HP shouldn't be that hard.
What i hate is seeing a $10k car like a mustangGT 98-04 getting to 60mph before me with a $20K german built roadster, so when i found the srt-6 it cought my atention.
If you guys are cool and took the time to read all this and could give me a couple of answers, it would be greatly appreciated... If not than i'll just keep reading your postings,and try and get an answer on another thread.[sm=thanx.gif]

Old 05-19-2007, 10:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: TT or SRT-6???

well... for another $500 you can get it chipped to get it up to roughly 267bhp. you can pay $600 more and get the intake (stage I), mass air flow optimizer (stage II), and pneumatic boost machine (stage III) from www.modshack.infoand control your boost and up it to around 22 psi and squeeze out about 280bhp (very rough estimate).
If you wanted, you could get a turbo back full exhaust for just over $1,000 that should get you close to 300bhp. total cost with car... $22,100

Another route would be to go big turbo upgrade, and pay $3000-$4000 (includes chip, exhaust etc...) and go straight for the 350-400bhp mark before any other mods.

With the $6,000 you'll save by getting the TT 225, you could easily reach 350-400hp

Old 05-19-2007, 11:28 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: neur0tic

well... for another $500 you can get it chipped to get it up to roughly 267bhp. you can pay $600 more and get the intake (stage I), mass air flow optimizer (stage II), and pneumatic boost machine (stage III) from www.modshack.infoand control your boost and up it to around 22 psi and squeeze out about 280bhp (very rough estimate).
If you wanted, you could get a turbo back full exhaust for just over $1,000 that should get you close to 300bhp. total cost with car... $22,100

Another route would be to go big turbo upgrade, and pay $3000-$4000 (includes chip, exhaust etc...) and go straight for the 350-400bhp mark before any other mods.

With the $6,000 you'll save by getting the TT 225, you could easily reach 350-400hp

Thanks a lot Chris, or Neurotic, how ever you like it, that's really helpfull and i will go get that 225 next weekend, also i wanna see more pics of your ride, interior, i'm really interested in that vent mounted gauge, really cool, i should wait until i get my own.
I sure will have more questions as i get the car and i hope to get the same prompt replys....[sm=happy046.gif]

Old 05-20-2007, 01:36 AM
2nd Gear

Not a problem. if you have any more questions, fee free to ask. I may not know the answer, but there are tons of subject matter experts tht monitor this forum and share their knowledge and experience quite often.

and here's a link to a picture album with some more pictures of my TT. Im at work so I couldn't get to photobucket to just post them in the thread, but I just made an album for now.

Enjoy:
http://photos.yahoo.com/beever_retreever

Old 05-20-2007, 09:42 AM

Not that strange a question. I nearly signed the papers on a beautiful SRT-6 before I gave it thought for another day and went with the tt. Granted, the SRT-6 is a monster by comparison(to stock tt), fun to drive and catching(opinions vary) aesthetics but in the end the tt was the better choice. Movingto Chicago, I new the AWD was better than a high powered rear drive. I need space and the SRT was just too limited. I find the tt with seats folded works sell for me when I need it. Thenthere was the father in law factor--happens to be a mercedes mechanic and could not say fast enough to stay away.
Was a blast to drive though although I would get extremely bored with an automatic.

Old 05-20-2007, 10:42 AM
2nd Gear

Ok, here's pictures:

PowerStop Cryo Rotors w/ EBC RedStuff Pads

Engine cover decoration (notice the missing battery cover grr)

Different angle you can see the Boost Machine, TIP, VTDA etc...

Sweet *** Haldex Badge. I'd say it's good for at least 10 whp

In front of my Apt here in Korea

In the parking lot @ work

Boost gauge after installation complete

Two JL 12w7's mounted where my backseat used to be. Probably gonna downsize that soon. It's kind of overkill.

Two Zapco fiber optic350.2 powering Focal Utopia components up front and Focal polyglass rear fill; One Phoenix Gold 1400.1 running the JL 12w7's;
PXA H701 sound processor, 2f capacitor and Optima Yellowtop mounted inside the enclosure.

Alpine IVA-D310 7" in-dash DVD HU

Old 05-20-2007, 03:02 PM
1st Gear

Is that additional 10hp from the Haldex badge front or rear wheel horse.
Also, I was thinking about getting one, but I don't want to add any weight to my car...

[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Old 05-20-2007, 06:53 PM
2nd Gear

Well... it IS a Haldex badge. So I guess it'd be AWD hp.

Old 05-20-2007, 07:00 PM
4th Gear

neur0tic... i pretty much cried when i saw the system in your trunk... i bet mines louder

Old 05-20-2007, 09:45 PM
1st Gear

that is clean, i like the boost guage thing and i don't know if you can fit 2 12" in a roadster, i'll try though.
what is the red and blue dots by your intake and why you have that big cylinder covering your air intake??? sorry if i sound stupid, i just try to get more educated on european cars, i drive a mustang right now(not for too long though).