Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 05:33 PM
1st Gear
Default TT ?'s

Hey everyone, I'm new here! I have a 01 TT (180) and I'm getting ready to do a bunch of work on it.

Questions.

1. I'm putting new wheels on it. Has anyone put 19's on their tt? Is there rubbing? does it make the car look raised?

2. I'm dropping some cams in? Suggestions on what kind I should use?

3. I'm gonna do the exhaust, i don't want it to be tooo loud. I don't want it to sound like a civic with a fart pipe on it. Suggestions?

I think thats it for now.

Thanks for everyones help

Brian Renn
Cincinnati, OHIO

Old 09-14-2006, 09:57 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: TT ?'s

ORIGINAL: rennsport
1. I'm putting new wheels on it. Has anyone put 19's on their tt? Is there rubbing? does it make the car look raised?

2. I'm dropping some cams in? Suggestions on what kind I should use?

3. I'm gonna do the exhaust, i don't want it to be tooo loud. I don't want it to sound like a civic with a fart pipe on it. Suggestions?
1. Unless you put in lowering springs or coilovers, 19's will look like crap. The fender gap will appear huge.

2. Why? Just chip it instead.

3. APR, Borla, Jetex, Neuspeed

Old 09-16-2006, 11:41 PM
5th Gear

cam is pointless. not as much gain as there would be with a N/A car, so you're talking hundreds of dollars for just a few horses.

I just put 18's on my car, I went with Flik Artic's from edgeracing.com. 18's look good. I'll have pics after I get back from H2O, I rely on other people taking pics for me, I never got around to buying a camera.....

Old 09-18-2006, 09:28 PM
1st Gear

Thanks for all the help. If you would, send me some pics of other TT's with aftermarket wheels. my email is brianrenn@abaxis.com

V/R

Brian Renn
Cincinnati, Ohio

Old 09-21-2006, 01:15 AM
5th Gear

Will do. There will be limited numbers of pics though, last year, out of hundreds and hundreds of cars, I saw 4 other TT's there.