Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TT room enough for tall drivers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 12:05 AM
1st Gear
Default RE: TT room enough for tall drivers?

That's me. Just looking for new forums to elarn about the Audis. AudiWorld.com has some very active forums.

I bought my car in Chicago and drove back to Detroit with it. Can't say that I ever felt cramped during those four hours. Can't say that I felt any different than driving any nice sedan for that period of time. I think he's been talking to some grumpy people.

Old 03-04-2005, 11:07 AM
1st Gear

Hey Sho,

Great to see you search the forums just like me ;-)

I will check out Audiworld.com. Thanks for the tip.

See ya around!

Tom

Old 03-04-2005, 11:27 AM

Tom

I work for an Audi dealer and like I said this is the biggest complaint we get

Old 03-04-2005, 11:20 PM
1st Gear

Okay, I believe you! Now do those tall, grumpy people that complain about the leg and headroom
have any idea on how to adjust the seat in and Audi TT?

When I first sat in mine I thought there was no way I am going to fit in this because the seat was
pumped up all the way and My head was hitting the ceiling. But as soon as the Salesperson pulled
that lever on the side that seat dropped about 3 inches and I had plenty of room.
I love that Telescoping Steering Wheel which brings the wheel in just the right position for me.
Overall a very fun car to drive.

The biggest complain I have is that I sometimes (A LOT) forget how fast I am going. I found myself
going 80 in a 40 and I was wondering why everyone is going so damn slow. Then I look down and
see that it's not them going slow but me going too fast. It didn't even feel like I was going that fast.
Don't get me wrong, I am not a Speedfreak by any means but with this little car it is easy to forget
yourself and go a bit faster than I normally would.
I guess time to invest in a decent Radardetector

My second complain is the CD Changer. It gets to many errors and It only reads about 3 or 4 of the cds
I put in there. Do you know of an easy fix? Is there a way to clean the headunit on that changer?

Anyway, those are up to this point my only complains. Okay, the sparkplugs could be in an easier to
get to place but I am not going to change Sparkplugs every couple of months, so the 2 hours changing
plugs were well spent.

Old 03-07-2005, 01:27 PM

O yea I don't think any of these guys could fit in these cars if that lever was not pulled down haha a raddar detector might be a good thing for u then haha there are disks you can buy that have cleaning brushes on them i'm pretty sure u can buy them at any cd store are you sure its not your cd's that are all scratched ?

Old 03-07-2005, 05:38 PM
1st Gear

Yup, my CD's are in great shape. No scratches.
I heard that the Audi 6 CD changer are prone to Read errors and a lot of people
are swapping them out. I might try to shuffle the CD's and see if the same slots
are getting the read errors. I actually got 5 out of 6 slots to work the other day.
Maybe a little compressed air will clean up the Changer....

I agree a Radar Detector might be a good investment for me. Just never needed it
but with this car I might get into trouble ;-)

Old 03-18-2005, 05:50 PM
1st Gear

It's kinda funny but there is a similar discussion on a German Forum and I must be the shortest of the bunch.
Everyone is 1,93 1,95 1,97 tall. Okay that is over 7 feet for people that don't know the metric system.
(1,92m is 84 inches or 7 feet). They have these Giants driving in those little TT's and everyone says they have
plenty of room... Now, even I have a hard time believing their stories

Old 03-18-2005, 06:42 PM

haha maybe well i do know that is is a very enjoyable car to drive so maybe they are just not thinking about the room just busy having to much fun [sm=wootwoot.gif]

Old 04-22-2005, 06:18 PM
1st Gear

It all dipends on what kind of position u like in car...4 me(187cm tall) has enough room 4 2 persons and the only thing that bothers me is that the steeringwheel is not going down enough... That is for my opinion,everything else is perfect...

Old 04-28-2005, 11:10 PM

Well I am new here but not new to being tall. I am 6'5 and the only thing I can say I dislike about my TT after a 4 hour trip is the lack of a center console for my right arm. I have all kinds of room in this thing. I for one could not think of a configuration that would make it feel tight on space unless the seat was up or the person liked driving very close to the steering wheel. Just my 2 cents.(great forum btw)

Quick Reply: TT room enough for tall drivers?