Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

The TT and Music...

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 12:10 AM
1st Gear
Default The TT and Music...

So, After a year of putting up with a high pitched whining sound going through the speakers and the music sounding like crap (the car rental's sterio system sounded better), I've decided to install new speakers and rewire the thing without going overboard with the price.

Now, I know there's been a few posts about car audio before but I couldn't find everything I need. I'll take a shot and maybe through this thread, get a complete picture of what to expect in the project. The car already has a clarion aftermarket head and some amp in the back. I figure the previous owner re-did the sounds and ripped it all out before he sold it.

So, here are the questions:

How complicated will it be? I've read some people posting it taking 2 days with help...

Is the wiring more complicated than Power - Head - Speakers?

Is the trim un/install gonna be the longest part of it?

What kind of audio cables would I need if I were to re-wire it from scratch?

* Maybe in the end this could be the go to guide for people who want to DIY the audio upgrade from factory. I have the Bently Service Manual and consider myself technically/mechanically compitent.

Thanks in advance for any help!!!