Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

The truth about Modshack

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2007, 06:09 PM
3rd Gear
Default RE: The truth about Modshack

My guess is something like this...

Old 10-18-2007, 06:18 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: WishIWasRWD

My guess is something like this...
I have that exact one, how you know?

Old 10-18-2007, 06:21 PM
I'm make believe

ORIGINAL: Mikefc626

p.s. i noticed on the first link you gave that liTTo says "can someone please explain how an open-element filter sitting in a hot turbo engine bay would give gains over an insulated intake" .... yes, i'm a car n00b, but it seems to me thatif the entire housing of the vtda is sitting in the same area as where the "open-element" filter is sitting, sucking up the same heat, then isn't the insulation actually keeping heat IN the casing/filter?
Just posted this on vortex, hope it helps.

cincyTT

I dont post here now due to the way people get treated for giving others info. The only reason i am posting is because VWdriver among about a dozen other VTDA owners have first hand experience and you have 0, calling his claims outrageous makes no sense.
Originally Posted by joe@vwvortex
I'm plenty calm.
No doubt that everyone is entitled to their opinion, but when someone states something that IMO is pretty outrageous - i'm gonna call em on it.
=)
you seem to be one for test and facts, do it yourself before calling others out. First thing you will discover is that the vdta filter is tiny, far smaller than what most that put a filter on the maf use. Next you notice that the air most vtda users take in are still from under the hood, the same temps that open element filters take in but without the restrictive cover that limits the available air for the filter to inhale. Then finally when you actually run the car w/o the cover, you will notice the same effects that every last one of the others have noticed. There is more power in upper RPMs and more sound. The only reason a couple of the people reinstalled the cover is for the sound of the low rumble. Most have either left it off, or will be installing a much larger filter to completely replace the tiny filter.
As for temps, they mean nothing on a turbo car, only flow. The turbo is far to hot from the heat transfer from the turbine and from when it gets pressurized. The temp preturbo maybe a good 20-60* different, but once it leaves the turbo, they will be so minor, it becomes insignificant. Then the intercooler will cool it to the same iat regardless of the temps out of the turbo. And knowing Steve (he has done it before), he will throw out formulas trying to claim faster spool and what not, but again, those would be so small that it again would be insignificant.
I have read Steve's words about me being a ringleader and what not, but its sad if you get mad at me for informing others in the TT community. Im sorry that his products look nice and perform less than others, dont hate on me for it. He shouldnt complain since he has his cult, and i have people wanting to learn.
You can see i stated some of the same things and more

Old 10-18-2007, 07:31 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: DurTTy

any1 on the defcon mk1 suspension conversion?
Someone answer this I'm curious.

Old 10-18-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm make believe

think one or 2 people on vortex have them.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:14 PM
2nd Gear

I was planning on upgrading to them. I have not yet. I may still do it.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:19 PM
2nd Gear

I WANT DA HATZ!!!

where you get it Nate??

Old 10-18-2007, 08:26 PM
2nd Gear

So instead of going to TT R' US for the answers, what's the pro's & con's for them. Is a sway bar better (front & rear or just rear?)?

Old 10-18-2007, 08:30 PM
2nd Gear

a bigger RSB works wonders for the car... thats all I can speak for because I don't have a front swayor the bushings.

Old 10-18-2007, 08:43 PM
I'm make believe

All you should need is the rear. As for the hat.... from a nice shop called photo

Quick Reply: The truth about Modshack