Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

The truth about Modshack

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 02:24 PM
1st Gear
Default The truth about Modshack

So you're always hearing how good Modshack is, and how useless it is also...does anybody with Modshack installed have anything good to say about it, or is it really better to go with something else?

Old 10-13-2007, 02:58 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: The truth about Modshack

no comment [sm=icon_quiet.gif]

Old 10-13-2007, 03:02 PM
2nd Gear

I have the full Madshack Stage 3; VTDA, ****, and Boost Machine.

the only thing I DONT like... is the cover on the VTDA. My boost Machine... is probably one of my favorite mods.

But yea... dont waste your money on the VTDA. Just get a cone or mushroom filter.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:10 PM
2nd Gear

I've purchased several of Schwing's products... TTDA, BM, ****, Vent Gauge, GadgeTT, I've been very satisified not only with the quality of the workmanship but they have all performed well for me. Steve is always there to answer a question or to help out whenever you need it.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:17 PM
4th Gear

i have the vtda and im happy with it... i might take the cover off and see what happens...

Old 10-13-2007, 04:27 PM
I'm make believe

Read this about the ****

Also you get the same fuctionallity of the BM with a turboXS hpbc or the cheaper Voodoo clone (voodooboost.com). They are FAR more compact and easier to adjust.

Plus everyone knows my feelings on the intake.

Old 10-13-2007, 04:40 PM
SoCal Crew Member

i have the VTDA. i WAS happy with it bc it was better than the stock airbox atleast and i like the low rumble sound. but when i took out the VTDA cover, i had an epiphany. that instead of spending $200+ on a VTDA, i was better off spending $50 on a cone/mushroom filter. not worth it imho, but steve put alot of work into it, so ur pretty much spending $200 for sound, and not gains.

i personally like steve schwing and he's very helpful. but as for his products (well atleast the VTDA for me)

Old 10-13-2007, 05:02 PM
1st Gear

I'm getting the picture...seems like it's a good effort, but its performance as per itswebsitemight not equal the money you pay for it..I mean if the vtda just sounds good..well, I like the way my farts sound and that's free!

Old 10-13-2007, 07:37 PM
1st Gear

I am looking for a decent intake for my 04 TT 225hP. I was considering the VTDA but the way you guys talk I am not so sure anymore.
Sure, I could just clamp on a Cone Filter but wouldn't you just suck in HOT air from the engine bay and isn't the VTDA suppose to somewhat
shield from the excessive heat? What other options are there besides just a cone filter or the VTDA? Anyone else out there make an intake
for our cars that is worth investing in?

Old 10-13-2007, 08:04 PM
1st Gear

ORIGINAL: tom1222

I am looking for a decent intake for my 04 TT 225hP. I was considering the VTDA but the way you guys talk I am not so sure anymore.
Sure, I could just clamp on a Cone Filter but wouldn't you just suck in HOT air from the engine bay and isn't the VTDA suppose to somewhat
shield from the excessive heat? What other options are there besides just a cone filter or the VTDA? Anyone else out there make an intake
for our cars that is worth investing in?

If you're gonna spend 250+ might as well get the Evoms intake. Looks cool AND sounds cool.

Quick Reply: The truth about Modshack