Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Timing pull on liquidTT....

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2008, 09:37 PM
1st Gear
Default Timing pull on liquidTT....

Will be added in version 1.07.

Sneak peak:

Old 09-07-2008, 09:48 PM
4th Gear

with all these versions... meaning the ones we didnt buy? lol

Old 09-07-2008, 11:11 PM
1st Gear

This is the upcoming software version (they are incrementing with every release). As yet, there is only one hardware version, which is available in two formats (round and square). If you want timing pull on the unit you bought, you can return it to me for a software upgrade free of charge (just the cost of shipping). Note 1.07 is NOT yet released, this is just a preview, and it will be several weeks before it is released.

Old 09-08-2008, 12:02 AM
SoCal Crew Member

hmm... myte be VERY interested in a liquidTT in the future, but how could you do upgrade the liquidTT via DIY?

like for example could we detach the liqiudTT and use an access port (USB?) and update via downloadable maps?

Old 09-08-2008, 12:07 AM
1st Gear

Not DIY, you need to return to me or to Jim at Race Diagnostics (in the UK). It takes the right licensed software reprogram the CPU in the unit. Also, in order to protect the code, the software is not shared with end users directly. Software upgrades are free, but shipping is not.

Old 09-08-2008, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear

Cool. Are there going to be any other changes? I think oil temp should get moved from the main menu to guage data.

Old 09-08-2008, 09:50 PM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by jakej
Cool. Are there going to be any other changes? I think oil temp should get moved from the main menu to guage data.
There will be other changes, but I don't have the list. I agree with your oil temp move and that is also on the list - will be a gauge and a graph.

Old 09-08-2008, 11:07 PM
4th Gear

my exhaust temp also doesnt work... but anyway, sounds good, just let us know when the update is ready and ill send it out...

btw - when shipping it back to you, can we send the whole gauge in the vent and then get it back like that? im assuming all youll have to do is plug it in to update the gauge and not take it all apart again

Old 09-09-2008, 12:25 AM
1st Gear

Originally Posted by theTTkid
my exhaust temp also doesnt work... but anyway, sounds good, just let us know when the update is ready and ill send it out...

btw - when shipping it back to you, can we send the whole gauge in the vent and then get it back like that? im assuming all youll have to do is plug it in to update the gauge and not take it all apart again
Exhaust temp is year/car dependant. Most TT's do not have an EGT readout as there is no EGT probe in the car.

For upgrades, you can leave it in the vent, no problem.

Old 09-09-2008, 10:41 AM
2nd Gear

How about an option to remove EGT from the menu too? It could be an option in the settings.

Quick Reply: Timing pull on liquidTT....