Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Throttle body

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2007, 11:10 PM
2nd Gear
Default Throttle body

I have a code that says I have a leak between the turbo and the throttle body, it doesnt make a CEL come on but when I do a VAG it shows up. Ive had this for a long time now. Can some one tell me exactly where the throttle body on a 2002 180 FWD is and what things I should be looking for? Thanks.

Old 03-19-2007, 11:13 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: Throttle body

The throttle body is on the end of the Intake manifold. You've got a leak in the boost system somewhere. To find it you'll need to do a pressure test. Modshack makes a good one... http://www.modshack.info/Pressure.htm

Old 03-20-2007, 12:52 AM
2nd Gear

XCLR8TT I dont mean to sound like a newbie but Im not really sure what Im looking for, can you explain it in a little more detail on what it looks like and where it is? Thanks man.

Old 03-20-2007, 12:59 AM
I'm make believe

end of manifold and attachs to the throttle body hose, it alsohas the vacumm hose coming out of it.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:02 AM
2nd Gear

OK now I see so I will have to try and track the lines back to the turbo and see if anything is loose and tighten things down to see if that helps. Thanks again.

Old 03-20-2007, 01:02 AM
4th Gear

YIKES! You mean it ATTACKS the hoes?

Old 03-20-2007, 01:11 AM
2nd Gear

Well in my case it sure seems to have, Ijust look around in there and man does that hose connect to all kinds of other hoses that go all over the place. It will be hard to see anything by eye so I will have to do the pressure test.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:26 AM

does it say something like pressure drop...? that might be due to the diverter valve or the turbo reaching the peak, then dropping off. i get that once in a great while, its the one open element between the turbo and TB. i'm not 100% sure but if the pressure drops while the ecu is still requesting to see the pressure Example. ecu requests 17psi at a certain position in the throttle, and it sees it but then it drops down to 14psi, it thinks something is wrong. this is valid on the top end of your power band when the turbo reaches the limit and pressure dropps off or if your DV leaks. I would have someone verifiy this.... maybe someone has had moe experience with this situation.

Old 03-20-2007, 05:27 AM

also, i started getting this warning after i did the giac software (they ask a lot of the turbos, psi wise)

Old 03-20-2007, 07:48 PM
2nd Gear

Well I have the GT2X turbo which is a little bigger than the K04 so I think it should handle 20 psi with no problem. Ive been told I should be running it at 22/23 psi to get the best results from it. Now I have had a Bailey diverter in the car for the past 4 yrs, so do you think it might not be able to handle the extra psi now that I have up graded? I do notice sometimes that when I am not really giving it alot of gas but some that the diverter does its things but it seems to get confused and kinda flutters a little until I either hit the gas or let off some. Its like the turbo is kinda kicking in and out when it thinks I want it to kick in.

So if I get a pressure test is it a fuel pressure test I want or a boost pressure test or are the same? That one code says is a pressure drop between the turbo and the throttle valve. Thanks.

Quick Reply: Throttle body