Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

for those who have done the pcv delete, etc.

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2008, 11:50 AM
2nd Gear
Default for those who have done the pcv delete, etc.

What readiness codes will fail if this is done? I have some leaks down there and I would love to get rid of the whole system, but I still need to pass inspection in Texas.

Thanks,

Ian

Old 05-22-2008, 12:46 PM
I'm make believe
Default RE: for those who have done the pcv delete, etc.

You cant delete the pcv. You have to change it and either vent or bring it to the intake or exhaust to have the oil burned off. You most likely have a cracked/torn hose that needs to be replaced. There are a handful of people that have replaced the whole system with SS lines and fittings and wont have to worry about it again.

Old 05-22-2008, 07:52 PM
2nd Gear

That's what I meant, I want to clean up the engine bay and get rid of the leaks at the same time. I've seen the writeups, but I want to know about how affects the readiness codes in the ecu. I still need to be able to pass inspection.

Old 05-22-2008, 08:09 PM
I'm make believe

As long as you have it going back into the intake, you will pass all inspections

Old 05-27-2008, 12:22 AM
2nd Gear

So I took some video, I know now this can't be right...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3q-5NpeBG8

What's weird is that when the AC is turned on the vac reading goes down to 10-12, and when it's off it's around 14-15. I've have tried to find any leak I can get my hands on, but it just seems weird now. Could it be a check valve or something?

Old 05-27-2008, 01:44 PM
I'm make believe

Its a possiblility. If you use some soapy water you can find a leak a little easier

Old 05-27-2008, 01:47 PM
2nd Gear

I was just out there this morning... I will post some pics later, but I think I found a big one on some gastket where the valve cover turns up into a curve. Hard to describe, but it was doing some major bubbling there. There's also a semicircle hole missing out of the block right where the leak is. It all seems like a really bizarre design.

Old 05-27-2008, 01:54 PM
I'm make believe

something like this blue peice?

Its part of the valve cover and if its missing, you have a HUGE leak. Replace the valve cover gasket and cam tensioner gasket.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:37 PM
2nd Gear

Holy ****, I bet that's it. Where is this blue piece supposed to go? Here's a pic of the place i'm talking about. I've highlighted the semicircle with a red circle:

Name:  leak.jpg
Views: 128
Size:  86.4 KB

Old 05-27-2008, 08:02 PM
3rd Gear

thats the little blue halfmoon gasket in that pic...MAKE SURE you get blue one!!!! i became a pro at the valve cover install etc because the dealer gave me a white one....also to replace that metal gasket as seen in that pic use this little trick.....get a torx socket(cant remember the size) and loosen one of the cam chain tensioner screws and press down on the cam chain tensioner to make room to slide that gasket in and out....trust me it works i did it twice using this method.....this is a very expensive job for the dealer because they take all that crap apart....but a tech on this site i think told me this trick....also i used a valve cover gasket sealer and NO leaks whatsoever...any questions let me know....its prolly a two hour job the first time around....i can do it in about 30-40 mins now...lol

Quick Reply: for those who have done the pcv delete, etc.