Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

For those with MBC's....

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 06:03 PM
4th Gear

ive got the turboxs... i think its great, just follow the instructions, and once on just turn it up slowly until your where you want to be (im at 21psi)...

just make sure you have that boost gauge in there and your set

Old 08-04-2008, 06:08 PM
2nd Gear

Originally Posted by TurboTT920
As for the other guy who said he turned his boost down because he like to cruise or whatever, you should be able to cruise at any boost level with no issues...the turbo isn't constantly spooling, as long as you are not flooring the gas it shouldn't matter.

Thanks, I didn't know how a turbo works... If I stop the full power from being accessed I won't be ripping on it every 6 seconds. Since I'm the only TT I see in my county I wouldn't wanna start by giving owners a bad name. I rather listen to the rumble of the exhaust at 3k than floor it & possibly injure someone else.

Old 08-04-2008, 06:54 PM
5th Gear

heheh.

going back to the comment about my comment, yeah, you'll make more power, but the more boost you run w/o actually planning anything more than just turning up the boost, the more heat you make.

The secret word for today is 'efficiency island'.

The farther you are off that little one in the middle, the less efficient your turbo is. If you want to blindly screw with your car, at least try to keep it off the line to the left.

Old 08-04-2008, 08:15 PM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by achTTung
heheh.

going back to the comment about my comment, yeah, you'll make more power, but the more boost you run w/o actually planning anything more than just turning up the boost, the more heat you make.

The secret word for today is 'efficiency island'.

The farther you are off that little one in the middle, the less efficient your turbo is. If you want to blindly screw with your car, at least try to keep it off the line to the left.
Its just the law of deminishing returns. Just because the gains become less, doesnt mean they arent there. 20whp is 20whp regaurdless of iat's. Plus when you add in a ic, there is more whp + the ability to increase timing a couple degrees

Old 08-04-2008, 08:17 PM
I'm make believe

Originally Posted by themysteryman83
I tried a ball and spring type for about 20 minutes. The biggest problem with those is that they're all or nothing. They are great for racing where you are wot all the time, but for everyday driving it's pointless. Another bad side-effect is the extreme lean condition it can produce. If the car is producing full boost on part throttle/fuel this could equal some serious damage.
In real terms, I had some serious bucking issues on part throttle and a nasty burning smell. Scary stuff for sure!

B&S mbc's suck ***** on such a small turbo. However when you get to something that actually has lag to it (gt28rs, 50trim, etc), they are a huge benifit since they can help build boost faster and not instantly.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:57 PM

I'd have to agree with CincyTT on this one.....I could care less about V.E. especially with a stock turbo !!! If you want efficiency, take off your turbo =). For example look at turbines, they're 1 big turbocharger stuck to a wing on an airplane......V.E. suck but makes "lots of power".

Old 08-04-2008, 11:01 PM
I'm make believe

to put that ^ into perspective, you chip a ko3 and you are out of its efficiency range.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:13 PM
Thumbs up

Lol...

Old 08-06-2008, 09:28 PM
2nd Gear

I run a Hallman's MBC that I had in my old 2g eclipse years ago.....STILL works great. I have it set to 22PSI. I have no issues with partial throttle and have been running it for months now. There is no jerkiness to it at all but that is my own experience.

Old 08-08-2008, 05:53 PM
1st Gear

Thanks a lot for the info people! After reading the mods list it looks although i will need a better FPR before i think about turning the boost up to what yall have it at!!

I am installing it tomorrow with my boost gauge, will add pics and let you guys know how it went, thinking about 18psi.