Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Thank you forum!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2007, 09:42 AM
Default Thank you forum!!

Though this has been preached a million times, do not take a chance on your timing belt/water pump replacement. Bought my car last summer and have reviewed this forum on and off for a year, always reading about the timing belt replacement warnings. Recently hit the 60k mark and ordered up a kit from ECS and installed yesterday. Good thing since the H2O pump bearing was clicking quite a bit. Seems I got it in the nick of time. HEED THE WARNINGS, DO THE REPLACEMENT, or cry when the silence befalls your engine.

Sleeping better now.

Old 09-01-2007, 09:46 AM
Default RE: Thank you forum!!

ORIGINAL: sptriple

HEED THE WARNINGS, DO THE REPLACEMENT, or cry when the silence befalls your engine.

Sleeping better now.
Are you a science fiction writer? This sounds like something out of a Philip K Dick novel. LOL

Old 09-01-2007, 10:13 AM
4th Gear

Glad everything went well with your timing belt!
Now that maintenance is taking care of; when are you going to start modding?

Old 09-01-2007, 01:49 PM

I'm pretty happy with the preformance of the car now. Revo and Forge DV is it. It's fairly peppy. New suspension, brakes and wheels are in the near future then that should do it for me. I hope.

Old 09-01-2007, 01:50 PM
4th Gear

I bet it is! Any ideas on what kind of suspension upgrades you'd like?

Old 09-01-2007, 04:18 PM
I'm make believe

Im about to get the TB done here real soon..... man all these hints about whats im doing and that one person better not ruin it [:@]

Old 09-01-2007, 10:37 PM
2nd Gear

Hey sbtriple,

was it difficult to get that done? Gotta do mine here soon.

Old 09-02-2007, 01:34 AM
1st Gear

Geeze! I'm at 60,200 miles on mine. I just got home and I think I'm going to be driving my 07 caliber for a while (which I put 30k on it's first year - don't make fun, I needed a car, was rushed and got caught with my pants down - worked well as a works car) now thanks to the 3 day holliday, I gotta wait till tuesday to order my timing belt parts and i probably won't get it till the week after because I'm in hawaii. Damn, I cry a lot.

Either way, I'm gonna be loving the drive in this car for quite a few miles.

Old 09-02-2007, 10:27 AM

I would suggest the Dieselgeek kit - it has the very useful water pump extractor screws - and you can order online....

Old 09-02-2007, 01:26 PM
1st Gear

Just did the TB this week.The little brass colored wheel on the tensioner was dry and squeeling, water pump came off easy and looked good, as everything else. I don't think you can tell by looking how things are with this stuff, ya just gotta go by faith. BTW, mine had 73k miles.

Quick Reply: Thank you forum!!