Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

Thank god I changed my water pump and timing belt...

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 10:44 PM
2nd Gear
Default Thank god I changed my water pump and timing belt...

So, I got my timing belt and water pump changed. Today I found out that the timing belt was replaced previously...i'd say about about 10k miles ago...glad the last owner told me . Anyways I am glad however I got it done because my water pump had a MASSIVE leak I guess...and the plastic impellars were completely busted off....So it appears that I got everything changed in the perfect amount of time! SWEET! I of course replaced it with a metal impellar!

get um change boys...get um changed! (And girl)

Old 02-01-2007, 10:55 PM
1st Gear
Default RE: Thank god I changed my water pump and timing belt...

ORIGINAL: bmwtoaudi

So, I got my timing belt and water pump changed. Today I found out that the timing belt was replaced previously...i'd say about about 10k miles ago...glad the last owner told me . Anyways I am glad however I got it done because my water pump had a MASSIVE leak I guess...and the plastic impellars were completely busted off....So it appears that I got everything changed in the perfect amount of time! SWEET! I of course replaced it with a metal impellar!

get um change boys...get um changed! (And girl)

*cough* GirlS
lol
Gotta remember there are two of us now... unless you're not including me because you read (and remembered) that I got mine changed. Of course Maplewood did it... so it'll more than likely break within the next couple of months I'm sure! GRRR. I want them to pay for being horrible! lol
I'm going to file a claim with the BBB if the lawyer doesn't do anything to them.
OK, off topic in this thread- sorry. lol

Old 02-01-2007, 10:59 PM
2nd Gear

I'd still sue the **** out of them, and go public with the fact they're being sexiest against you. Then I would stand outside the dealership with a sign saying ask me how my service was...or across the street.

People forget how much protesting does.....you standing out there for a few saturdays ...and filing a suit.... i'd say they'd fix your ****.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:20 PM
I'm make believe

i guess the person before you was cheap and just replaced the belt and MAYBE the tensioner. That sucks that you spent the money that should of been done right the first time. There are places to save money on and thats not one of them.

Old 02-01-2007, 11:42 PM
1st Gear

Lol Bmwtoaudi... I meant the girlS partto you... at the end where you wrote boys... and girl... I meant there are now 2 on the forum :-p

But yeah about protesting.... see I would... but the high this weekend is estimated at -7!

That makes me wanna be like [sm=smiley35.gif]! And that's without standing outside!

Old 02-02-2007, 12:04 AM
1st Gear

I'll tell you what, I feel alot better KNOWING all my parts are fresh and I wont hit ticking time bomb status for quite some time. That alone is worth the investment, if you arent sure.

Old 02-02-2007, 03:27 AM
2nd Gear

What mileage are you at, I'm right at 60K and its starting to make some noises... its making a steady rough sound like one of the wheels need to be lubricated or something

Old 02-02-2007, 03:31 AM
2nd Gear

I bought it in oct with 79k, im at 84,7XX now.

Old 02-02-2007, 04:03 AM

i had a small collection of broken impellar pumps......i should of took pics. whenever i find them i try to put them back together like a puzzle just to see how much plastic is floating around the engine bay.

Old 02-02-2007, 07:56 AM
3rd Gear

ORIGINAL: eliTTe

What mileage are you at, I'm right at 60K and its starting to make some noises... its making a steady rough sound like one of the wheels need to be lubricated or something
If I were you, I would go ahead and change it out now. I am planning on doing this when I hit 60k. Nothing like knowing for sure that you are good and not wondering when its going to break and then cost you a crapload from the dealer if you end up busting a valve or something. A little preventive maintence will help you feel alot better and safer when driving.

Quick Reply: Thank god I changed my water pump and timing belt...