Audi TT The Audi TT line, in both the coupe and roadster combines Audi's All Wheel Drive performance with the feel of a European sports car.

TCarbon FMIC

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 06:53 PM
Default TCarbon FMIC

Hey is there any news on the FMIC. also does anyone know if that FMIC is anygood? and when will it be available?

Old 06-20-2008, 07:25 PM
2nd Gear
Default RE: TCarbon FMIC

I Emailed them about another product, and it took them several days to respond. They seem to be good people but something is going on over there right now. I would be careful sending them any $$ until they straighten things out. From what I hear the FMIC is good but not sure about availability.

Old 06-20-2008, 08:36 PM
2nd Gear

I believe they're discontinued now...polishadonis on Vortex may have a few of the last units.

Old 06-20-2008, 09:47 PM
2nd Gear

The intercooler is fine for the stock turbo. It is much better than the two small stockers that don't seem to get the greatest airflow. The install took me about 3 hours, maybe 4. It helped alot after being chipped with heatsoak in the summer. Tcarbon was great to deal with and I had mine in a week. The owner even resonded to my emails over the weekend and it took them only 6 days to get it to my house. I don't know what's going on with them now because it has been almost a year since dealing with them last.

Old 06-21-2008, 05:02 PM

yeah i gotta figure out if i'm gonna do big turbo or not. if i do go big what is the best fmic? another question is can i sprey nos on the tcarbon front mount? and would that make a difference?

Old 06-22-2008, 10:44 AM
2nd Gear

yes you can spray NOS on it. Summit has an N-tercoolerâ„¢ kit that is made to spray NOS on the FMIC and honestly... if you had that, the TCarbon would be fine with a BT.

I have the Tcarbon FMIC and with W/M, my temps @ the Intake Manifold are less than 50* F
The N-Tercooler kit doesnt HAVE TO use NOS either. You can use any compressed gas (NOS, CO2, Nitrogen, anything)
If you used this and sprayed compressed gas on the intercooler, I would imagin you'd hit sub zero intake temps; which would be well beyond sufficient

Old 06-23-2008, 10:28 AM

sounds good now i have to find this FMIC. i really want one i need help finding thim.

Old 06-25-2008, 05:36 PM
1st Gear

Yeah, they no longer will make them. I sent them an email about a month ago asking. This was the response.
We have sold our last 225 kits. We needed to make room for our new products - we are now focusing on other models.

Thanks

Old 06-25-2008, 08:44 PM
2nd Gear

I maybe purchasing an evo this weekend. I will let you know if I do and would sell mine for 300. My ty is not a commutter car and the fmic has maybe 6-8k miles on it.

Old 06-25-2008, 09:32 PM
2nd Gear

ORIGINAL: mtbryan816

Yeah, they no longer will make them. I sent them an email about a month ago asking. This was the response.
We have sold our last 225 kits. We needed to make room for our new products - we are now focusing on other models.

Thanks
Translation: **** the TT.

ORIGINAL: Mobius97

I maybe purchasing an evo this weekend. I will let you know if I do and would sell mine for 300. My ty is not a commutter car and the fmic has maybe 6-8k miles on it.
If you do sell your what color hose do you have?

Quick Reply: TCarbon FMIC